RadGrid Expression Problem in HelpDesk

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Marco
    Marco avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2007

    Posted 29 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Dear Telerik-Team,

    I purchased the Premium Collection and want to update my applications I dveloped on the "Demo"-Dlls.

    I have downloaded the latest build of the Telerik WebMail demoapplication and I wanted to include the purchased Telerik.Web.UI DLL in order to get rid of the demo hint which is displayed when using the demo-dlls.

    I didn't do any changes to it, but when running the default.aspx file, I get an error saying: "The column [Received.Value.Date] could not be found". When I comment the GridCalculateColumn for grouping the date, but still have the one for the conversion-column, I get an error saying that the function call to "Subject.Replace" is invalid. Now, I switched to the markup code and think that the problem comes from this code:

    <telerik:GridCalculatedColumn UniqueName="Date" DataType="System.DateTime" DataFields="Received" 
                                Expression="Received.Value.Date" HeaderText="Date" Visible="false">  
                            <telerik:GridCalculatedColumn UniqueName="Conversation" DataType="System.String" 
                                DataFields="Subject" Expression='Subject.Replace("RE: ", "")' HeaderText="Conversation" 

    When I replace the new DLL (I purchaed) to the demo dll, everything goes right. So I guess that something in the DLL has changed. I have made several changs, but did not have any success.

    So I would like to ask you if you can help me with this issue?

    Kind regards,
    Best wishes from Germany,





  2. Marco
    Marco avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2007

    Posted 29 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Dear Staff again,

    I solved the problem on my own. Obviously I have made a mistake when including the new dll.

    I resolved the issue by deleting all assembly tags as well as the files in the bin-directory and then dragged-and-dropped a telerik control from the toolbox to the markup-code.

    Then, VisualStudio included all files and filled in all necessary assemblies and now it runs!

  3. Brandon
    Brandon avatar
    16 posts
    Member since:
    May 2009

    Posted 03 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    I'm having the same problem as Marco. I tried the fix that worked for him, but that's still not working for me. 

    I'm using Q1 2011 of the RadControls, and am using a SQL Server 2008 Database and am replacing the LinqDataSources with OpenAccessDataSources. 


    Brandon Osborne
  4. Iana Tsolova
    Iana Tsolova avatar
    3388 posts

    Posted 06 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Brandon,

    I suggest that you open a formal support ticket and send the modified version of the help desk demo. We will check it out and turn back to you with our findings.

    Iana Tsolova
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Back to Top