I have couple of things
1. I require to customize "Upload" dialog box - Need to add text where it says "Max file size.." - How should I do it?
2. I am using "ItemCommand" for "UploadFile" to check file type etc. When I am performing following actions, it shows wired result!
1) Upload file - for e.g. "Test01.jpg"
2) Delete file - for e.g. "Test01.jpg"
3) Refresh entire page (F5/Ctrl F5) it will perform "Upload" action and says "Test01.jpg" file uploaded successfully.
If you can please suggest appropriate solution for it!
7 Answers, 1 is accepted
Please, find my answers to the asked by you questions listed below:
- You can ad a custom message for the allowed file size in the FileExplorer's Upload window by customizing the following localization string:
- I tried to reproduce this issue but to no avail. Can you provide some more information like which version of the controls is used in your application and in which browser does the problem occur?
Looking forward to your reply,
Thank you very much for reply. I have attached code snaps for better idea of my problem.
1. As I explained earlier "UploadFile" itemcommand fire even after performing "Delete" operation, when I press F5/Ctl F5 (please follow previous post steps).
2. I have added "Common_MaxFileSize" message, but MaxUploadFileSize display in next line! Any way I can hide MaxUploadFileSize!
Please advice, I will be thankful...
I am afraid that looking at the attached code-sceenshots is not very helpful for me in debugging the issue. Can you attach the FileExplorerTest project from which the screenshots are taken so we can examine the configuration in it on our side?
I can not upload test project as I am available with following options
Allowed extensions: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png.
Please rename attached file extension to .zip so you can get sample project inside it.
Can you clarify which version of the controls is used in your application? The fullyqualified name of the controls in the attached project file stays that the used version is 2013.2.813.40, which is a HOTFIX build, but not an official version.
Furthermore, while debugging the attached code I noticed that you are saving the uploaded files manually without cancelling the default FileExplorer's upload, which might be the reason for the experienced issue. Can you remove the logic from RadFileExplorer1_ItemCommand and see whether the problem will persist.
Thanks very much for reply. Like you said I have used "2013.2.813.40" for my project. I guess "2013.2.813.40" version is build including issues which can be used in place of official build version. If not, please let me know, I can replace it with original build version!
Secondly, I have tried removing code from RadFileExplorer1_ItemCommand, but it behaves same as it was!! I have also tried it with different build and hotfixes!
1. Upload file (might be .wav)
2. Delete same file
3. Refresh pressing F5 / CTL F5 (It uploads .wav again without any instruction!!)
The Hotfix versions of the controls are provided only for testing purposes and it is highly note recommended to be used in production. The main reason behind this is these versions have not passed the whole testing cycle as our official releases do, so there we cannot guarantee that they are stable.
Nevertheless, I tested the project with the 2013.2.813.40 hot fix version of the control (removing the ItemCommand custom logic) but the problem is still not reproducible on my side. The only suggestions I can give you without being able to reproduce and examine the case on my side are:
- Upgrade to an official version of the controls [optional]
- Clear the application cache.
- Clear the ASP.NET temporary files located here:
- Clean the Visual Studio solution and restart Visual Studio.
- Rebuild the solution.