radEditor does not post new content with ie10

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Scott
    Scott avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2009

    Posted 18 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    I have a radEditor that does not seem to post new / changed content when used with ie10. Chrome seems to work fine. We just upgraded to the latest internal build and have not changed anthing else within the project. The editor is located in a user control and inside an update panel. the buttons we are using to call the serverside function that saves the content are image buttons. With the previous versions of the dll we had no issues with this setup. I have put breakpoints at the page_load and other events but the value never seems to get changed. I have also used the textbox technique described in another post and the text box value is updating fine but the radEditor is not. 

    Additionally, the radTooltip does not seem to show the tooltip on the hover event under ie10. works in chrome. same scenerio as above, no change in project, just the telerik upgrade.

    Thanks,
    Scott
  2. Marin Bratanov
    Admin
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    5347 posts

    Posted 19 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Scott,

    RadEditor: Could you please try the solution provided in this KB article: RadEditor Content Not Saved After Ajax Update in IE9, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari?

    RadToolTip: we are not aware of such a problem and we have not changed the tooltip contorl recently. Can you reproduce this in our demos, for example here or here? I have tried them with the latest build under IE10 and they seem to work fine with me.

    Generally speaking, the internal builds may have certain issues and problems that are not present in the official releases because they are snapshots of the working code, so certain parts of it my be unfinished or untested. Thus, I would ask that you check if your issues are present with the current official release (2013.1.403 currently) and let me know.

    Kind regards,
    Marin Bratanov
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. Jeff
    Jeff avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2006

    Posted 23 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Marin,  I am experiencing the same issue with the content being lost on a submit when using IE10.  I have tried all the suggestions you made but they had no affect on the issue.  My editor is in a control, but not an update panel, just a regular panel.  


    Thanks,
    Jeff
  4. Marin Bratanov
    Admin
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    5347 posts

    Posted 25 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Jeff,

    Can you confirm that the version of the controls that you are using supports IE10? The first version would be Q3 2012 and I would advise that you try it with the latest (Q1 2013 SP2 presently, 2013.1.417 in numbers).

    If this does not help I would advise that you check how you add the control to the form, if it is dynamically created can you confirm it gets the same ID every time?

    Could you check if you have any JavaScript errors on the page? RadEditor uses the form.onsubmit event to execute some logic and an error can prevent it from working as expected. If there is an error, does resolving it alleviate the content issue as well?

    I am not aware of other problems in this regard and if you still cannot resolve the case I advise that you post the code that leads to this problem so we can reproduce this behavior in order to debug it and see what is causing it.


    Regards,
    Marin Bratanov
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  5. Jeff
    Jeff avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2006

    Posted 25 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Marin, we are using 2013.1.417.40.  What we did find is that we had more RadManager AjaxSettings AddAjaxSetting bindings between controls than we really needed.  Once we turned off all of the superfluous ones, the editor started working again.

    Thanks,
    Jeff
  6. Daniel
    Daniel avatar
    184 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2009

    Posted 30 Jan 2014 in reply to Marin Bratanov Link to this post

    I can confirm that this works for IE10 with a RadAjaxManagerProxy/RadButton as well. Daniel.
Back to Top