This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radeditor background color

3 Answers 142 Views
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Prachi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Prachi asked on 19 Mar 2013, 11:49 AM
Hi,

I have RadEditor control in my application. It had white background initially. I had used a directive @import to have default background of Telerik i.e. white. This is because Telerik ignored out styles of gray background. Now, I happened to switch over to the <link>. So it seems like the background is now gray instead.

Any idea on this?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
MasterChiefMasterChef
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Mar 2013, 01:27 PM
Hi Prachi,

If you would like to create a custom skin for your RadEditor, take a look at the 'appearance' tab in the documentation. They have information on how to create a custom skin, and how to override the default css class for the RadEditor. You can find all this information here:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/editor-css-classes-and-their-use.html

Good luck,
Master Chief
Prachi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 05:21 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Basically, I am looking for the difference between the @import and <link>. How does that affect iframe of RadEditor....
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 02:26 PM
Hello,

The content area of RadEditor is a standard editable iframe element. You can test your scenario with a standard editable iframe and see how the @import and <link> are handled by the used browsers.

If you want to style the content area, you can see how to do that in this live demo: Customize Content Area Appearance. If you want to remove the page background see this article: Content Area Appearance Problems.

Regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
Asked by
Prachi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
MasterChiefMasterChef
Top achievements
Rank 2
Prachi
Top achievements