This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radconfirm issue

3 Answers 38 Views
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
G
Top achievements
Rank 1
G asked on 19 Jul 2013, 06:41 AM
Hi,

I am using radconfirm() in my asp.net application as javascript code. It is running ok.
But the problem is that when the radconfirm message shows then I  do not want the user to close/refresh browser, user will only be able to do ok/cancel button of the radconfirm box. Is it possible with radconform.
I know that if i can use only javascript confirm then I can find the solution.

Thanks,

GS

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 01:22 PM
Hi GS,

RadConfirm does not automatically redirect/refresh the browser. When the dialog is closed (with the OK, Cancel or [x] button) the callback function is called and then custom code written by the developer takes over. You can find more information on using the dialog in the following resources:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/window-dialogs-confirm.html
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/window/examples/confirmserverclicks/defaultcs.aspx

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
G
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2013, 04:46 AM
Hi,

My requirement is that when radconfirm popups at that time user should not be able to click on the browser close button, user first need to click on the radconfirm ok/calcel button after that they will be able to click on the browser close button. So it will be like a modal window for radconform.

Thanks,

GS

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2013, 02:18 PM
Hi,

As the description of the demo I linked explains - blocking the browser thread with JavaScript is not possible, so this requirement cannot be achieved with RadConfirm.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
Asked by
G
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
G
Top achievements
Rank 1