Rad Editor Focus looses despite forced selection

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Saurabh
    Saurabh avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2012

    Posted 10 Jul 2013 Link to this post

    Hello,

    I am using of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2011 SP1 ; & Browser: IE - 8,9,10

    In the application wherever the Rad Editor is used, the focus can not be set either from server side code or client script on any control in the page including editor.

    I have tried solutions from http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/radeditor-steals-focus.aspx but it did not work out.
    On the same time everything goes well with other browsers like Mozilla.

    Is it a issue with the version of control I am using or browser related problem.

    Please suggest what could be the probable fix for this. (Its a part of very urgent requirement that we need to meet for the successful delivery of release of product).

    Thanks
    Saurabh
  2. Ivaylo
    Admin
    Ivaylo avatar
    37 posts

    Posted 11 Jul 2013 Link to this post

    Hello Saurabh,

    We have tested the described scenario, however, I am afraid that I was unable to reproduce the behavior. It seems that a JavaScript error might be thrown when using Internet Explorer which would prevent any operations with the controls. However, I am afraid that any assumption I make might be incorrect without any further insight into the scenario.

    In order to resolve the issue, firstly, I would advise you to upgrade to the latest version of the controls in which many Internet Explorer-related problems have been fixed. Furthermore, neither IE9, nor IE10 were yet introduced at the time of Q2 2011 and we cannot guarantee that the controls will exhibit the expected behavior under these specific versions of the browser. Also, could you please verify that no JavaScript errors are thrown which might be hindering the website from running as expected?

    On a side note, if the problem is experienced only in IE 10, I would suggest referring to the following forum post, which explains and provides a workaround for a known issue with the browser and the MS AJAX Framework: JavaScript errors in IE10 and the site is working fine in the rest browsers.

    Last, but not least, if none of the above information contributes to eliminating the issue, I will need to ask you for a sample fully-runnable project isolating the it, so that we can further investigate it and provide appropriate feedback.

    I hope you will find the provided information helpful.

    Regards,
    Ivaylo
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Back to Top