Q1 2013 Controls are BUGGY!

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Matt Frank
    Matt Frank avatar
    12 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2013 Link to this post

Not only did I have issues with the controls not registering themselves within VS (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/general-discussions/radcontrols-for-asp-net-ajax-upgrade-wizard-fails.aspx), but features in the Grid are buggy. 

I have validated this on 2 different machines running VS2010.  I can add a RadGrid into the page with no issue.  When I go into the properties window to edit settings in the MasterTableView area, VS just crashes with the error "Visual Studio has encountered an error".  

Both machines are running Win7 x64, with up to date patches.  

This has to be the most buggy release I have seen from Telerik in some time.  
  2. Andrey
    Admin
    Andrey avatar
    836 posts

Posted 04 Mar 2013 Link to this post

Hello,

We are always striving to improve our controls in all possible ways, however, sometimes we miss some aspects in the testing and finding bugs within our software. But we appreciate the feedback from you - our customers. When you report something we always strive to fix it in least possible time and/or provide work-around. The glitches you have found out will be fixed for the service pack release.

For the first problem, my colleague Vesko has shared the work-around.

As a work-around for the second problem you could use the suggestions in this sticky thread.

Please excuse us for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Andrey
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.