This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Proper way to upgrade older telerik version

7 Answers 118 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
IQworks
Top achievements
Rank 1
IQworks asked on 26 Jun 2012, 06:57 PM
Hi,
I have been away from telerik for a while and now i am back. I am wondering the proper way to handle the following:
1 - On my current development machines, I am currently on:
Telerik Reporting 3.0.9.430
Telerik.Web.Design dll 2009.2.826.35
I am trying to upgrade to the most current version of Rad Ajax and Reporting. Do i just download and install RadControlsForAspNetAjaxControlPanal_2012_2_607.exe and Telerik_Reporting_Control_Panel_Q2_2012_v6_1_12_611.exe over these?
2 - Where does RadControls_Q1_2009_Dev_last_update.msi come in to play?

3 - I have a new lap top that does NOT have any telerik on it. But I need to be able to run my 2009.2.826.35 telerik code until i bring this new lap top up to the latest telerik version. How do i download and install this 2009.2.826.35 version, and do i need to consider hot fixes? OR, should i just install the current version of telerik.

4 - Is there someplace i can go to see the "what and why" of how my Web.config needs to look.

thanks for your time

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 04:34 AM
Hi IQWorks,

To download older versions of the controls than the current version: go to your products then from the Manage Products Tab select say for example Trial Downloads  then select the suite of products you want to download there on the right hand side you can see a list box where click on All Product Versions and you can download them.

Thanks,
Princy.
IQworks
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Princy, 
       I clicked on the "your products" link you provided.
       I selected Manage Products.
       I selected "Trial Downloads".
       I see and select "Developer Tools" 'suite of products' (i dont see a drop down where you can select version on this page).
       The DevTools for .NET "Free downloads" page appears. I dont see a drop down for version selection on this page either. 
       Am I looking in the wrong place? 

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 09:23 AM
Hi IQWorks,

Can you please check the attached screenshot where I have highlighted All Product Versions where you need to click.
Hope this helps

Thanks,
Princy
IQworks
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 09:45 AM
Thank you Princy, I see it. I was not looking in the right place. 
For anyone else needing this, After selecting "Trial Downloads" I needed to click "Download" to the right of "RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax". Then, on the right side of the page towards the bottom I could see "All Product Versions".

I am thinking that once I install the 2009 version to my new lap top, then all I have to do is install the latest 2012 version to accomplish the upgrade to 2012. 

thanks again Princy!

IQworks
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2012, 09:13 PM
Hi Princy, 
    I see where to go to download previous versions, but the version it has closest my current 2009_2_826_35 is previous version 2009_1_402.
Isnt 2009_1_402 older than 2009_2_826_35 ? Do I need to download and install 2009_1_402 and then upgrade it with hotfixes ?
thanks for your time.
IQworks
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2012, 09:24 PM
Never mind, i was pointed to this link which has more specific previous versions including the one i mentioned.
thanks
IQworks
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2012, 09:27 PM
forgot to give the link where the specific previous versions are : http://www.telerik.com/account/your-products/product-versions/olderversions.aspx?pid=561 
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
IQworks
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
IQworks
Top achievements