This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problems with "Insert Webpart" function (SharePoint 2010)

8 Answers 94 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andreas asked on 15 Apr 2013, 12:13 PM
Hi,

we want to use the telerik Radeditor in our "SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Wiki" but i have big problems if i insert a webpart into a wiki-page. (I activated the editor as Website-Feature (Use RadEditor to edit List Items / Use RadEditor to edit HTML fields) )
For Example: If i insert a listview webpart and select then another view of this list - the Radeditor insert the default view and the selected view into the page.

Is there a solution for this problem? Does anyone have this problem too?

Greetings from Germany,
Andy

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2013, 08:21 AM
Hello,

This is a known issue with the InsertWeb part tool of RadEditor for SharePoint2010. Unfortunately currently there is no known workaround this problem. Fixing the InsertWebPart tool is logged with high priority in our TODO list, but because of the complexity of the issue I can not provide you with a suitable estimation of when it will be done.

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2013, 09:22 AM
Hi Stanimir,

thank you for your answer but i have to say that your answer is a big disappointment for our company.
I think this bug is a big problem for everyone who uses this edtior in SharePoint 2010.
I looked in this forum for other topic's which reported a similar problem and if I read it correctly this bug is known for more than six month now.

Greetings,
Andy
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2013, 02:25 PM
Hi,

You are correct that the bug is known for more than six months. However it has high complexity and there is not an easy work around for it at this point. The problem the synchronization between the asynchronous scripts which are executed by SharePoint and the RadEditor's content filters which must be executed only in specific timings. So at this point I can tell that we are working on fixing the problem, but I can not give an exact estimation of when this will be done.

Regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Volker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Sep 2013, 11:10 AM
Hi Stanimir,
is this problem resolved in the current release of the Radeditor?

Greetings
Volker
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2013, 10:45 AM
Hi,

This problem is still not resolved in the current version of RadControls for SharePoint. It will not be resolved in the upcoming 2013 Q3 version as well.

Regards,
Stanimir
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Volker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Sep 2013, 11:39 AM
Ok, thank you for this information.

Regards
Volker
Grzegorz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2014, 10:14 PM
Hello,

Did you manage to fix the problem that arises while editing a page and web parts embedded within the RadEditor field? In the version we've been using (6.8.1.0 / 2013.3.1114.35) saving a publishing page causes web parts to be duplicated. In fact the duplicated web part is a kind of "phantom" (or stub / doppleganger) of inserted web part. It is not the real web part, but it is html representation / snapshot, generated at the moment of saving the page. Additionally it is not possible to remove the web part easily. It is possible only to do it from ribbon. Settings AllowScripts="true" in ConfigFile.xml helps a bit and enables contextual web part menu. Anyway, the "phantom" web parts cannot be removed in this way (as they are not real web parts) and it is possible to remove them on some occasions from HTML view or by using "delete row / cell" options. 
Because of this issue we may end up with disabling radeditor completely. Is there any chance that you fix it?

Regards,
Greg
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2014, 10:48 AM
Hello Greg,

I regret to inform you that the investigation of this matter is still on process. Unfortunately the complexity of this matter and the availability of SharePoint to provide a firm support about handling WebParts via custom control lead this issue to more complex situations, which need further and thorough testing and researching.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1