This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Postback Problem

1 Answer 51 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ajit
Top achievements
Rank 1
ajit asked on 16 Jun 2009, 04:30 PM
Hi
      I am have been trying to implement the "My portal " functionality as a user control. So i have a user control call master dock control. ascx in which i m calling the exchangerates.ascx. This entrire control is being rendered inside a sliding rad pane.  Well when i click submit on the exchange rate submit button it is creating an ugly poastback. However if i set the content page url of the pane to an aspx page on which i call this  call master dock control. ascx then it works fine.  Could you provide me any feedback on this...

Rwegards,
Ajit

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pero
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2009, 07:33 AM
Hello Ajit,

I have created a sample project that implements your idea. RadDocks are dynamically created in a WebControl (the contents of the DefaultCS.aspx file of "My Portal" example are in the Master.ascx file of my project), which is called in other WebControl (CallMaster.ascx). This last web control is called on the .aspx page in a RadSlidingPane. The submit button of the ExchangeRates.ascx is making an AJAX post back, the same way as in the online demo.

I am not really sure what might cause the problem on your side, but a possible problem is when the docks are dragged rapidly (as is a case with the SlidingPane), before the previous request is finished, a JavaScript exception is thrown. So, my suggestion is to show loading panels during the AJAX post back. This way there will be enough time for any previous requests to be completed.

All the best,
Pero
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
Dock
Asked by
ajit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pero
Telerik team
Share this question
or