This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New web parts not available for SharePoint Foundation 2010?

13 Answers 334 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kathleen Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kathleen Ryan asked on 30 Jun 2010, 06:11 PM
I downloaded the beta version of the new Telerik Web Parts, hoping to experiment with using the RadGrid part in our SharePoint Foundation 2010-based portal.

Unfortunately, the install failed because SharePoint Server 2010 (MOSS) was not present.  Apparently, the Telerik web parts only work with MOSS, not Foundation.

Why the restriction?  I'd love to be able to use the RadGrid web part for the bulk of our list-based work, leaving more development time available for integrating other Telerik controls into custom web parts that we develop.  As a company providing tools for developers hoping to extend the Microsoft base portal environment, why would Telerik make it harder for developers to easily instrument applications with Telerik UI components?

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2010, 01:08 PM
Hello Kathleen,

Indeed in the current version of our Sharepoint 2010 installer we are missing the check for Sharepoint Foundation 2010 - we apologize for the inconvenience this might caused you. This will be addressed with the official release in the middle of July.

At this point you may consider using the attached .wsp file and deploy it manually in your Sharepoint Foundation environment. In case you need a dev version of our AJAX controls for Sharepoint, let me know and I can send it to you via mail.

Your Telerik points have been updated for reporting this issue.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kathleen Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2010, 03:30 PM
In case you need a dev version of our AJAX controls for Sharepoint, let me know and I can send it to you via mail.

That would be great, thanks!  Are they different than the standard ASP.NET AJAX controls?  We may also take a look at the Silverlight controls for SharePoint as well - will their web part wrappers work with SharePoint Foundation 2010?

Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 01:31 PM
Hello Kathleen,

I sent you the .wsp file via mail. The automatic Sharepoint installation will add SafeControl entries and deployment actions for the SPRadGrid and SPRadEditor assemblies. To register the regular RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite, you need to follow these steps.

The Telerik Silverlight controls web part wrappers should work with Sharepoint Foundation although they do not provide automated installer or ready-to-deploy Sharepoint 2010 web parts. Hence you will need to register them manually.

We will also appreciate if you share with us your feedback concerning the features we delivered for the AJAX editor and grid webparts built for SharePoint 2010. Additionally, we are interested to have your opinion on what additional features/other webparts you would like to see for the next versions of our SharePoint 2010 offering.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Lucas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2010, 10:21 PM
I am in the same boat and eagerly awaiting the fix that allows me to install it. The Microsoft HTML control is so seriously limited.
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jul 2010, 08:20 AM
Hello Lucas,

The updated RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and Sharepoint 2010 installer will be uploaded later today along with the Q2 2010 release of our AJAX suite. Until then as a temporary solution you can use the trial .wsp file attached in one of my previous posts.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Lucas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 09:31 PM
This is strange. Despite activating the  RadEditor for Sharepoint and restarting IIS, it does not like the Wiki control:

http://screencast.com/t/ZTg2M2FiYTQ
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2010, 07:51 AM
Hello Lucas,

From the editor look in your screenshot, I am guessing that you still use the beta build of the SharePoint distribution. Did you download the version we released on Wednesday? Does it experience the same? If yes, then could you please tell me how to create a Wiki library to test the editor - is it something you have migrated from MOSS 2007 or is it available out of the box in SP 2010? In our test site, I can only create "Asset", "Document", and "Picture" libraries. I can create a whole wiki site (not library), but the editor seems to work OK there.

Greetings,
Lini
the Telerik team
Agusto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2010, 01:08 PM
Hello Telerik Team,

I got the developer license this day from your team and i already download the telerik for SharePoint.msi. But still error, and the installation cannot continue.

Is it the installation still for SharePoint 2010 ? Still cannot for SharePoint Foundation 2010 ?

Regards
Agusto Xaverius
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2010, 02:06 PM
Hello agusto,

The Q2 2010 Telerik AJAX SharePoint WebParts installer (or later) should work properly on SharePoint 2010 server or SharePoint 2010 Foundation. In case you do not have the necessary rights/permissions to use the MSI installer, consider using the .wsp for manual installation as depicted here.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
hnieef fadzli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2011, 05:18 AM
Hi, i download Sharepoint Acceleration Kit and try instal with my Sharepoint foundation 2010 in Windows 7. But installation error.
could you help me.
Thank you
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2011, 12:48 PM
Hi hnieef,

To assist you with the installation issue, please submit the log file that contains the stack trace of the error via a support ticket. Also note that as a temporary solution you can deploy the wsp files from the Telerik SharePoint Acceleration Kit manually using the downloadable zip package (available next to the MSI installer).

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
PRASAD
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Aug 2013, 12:34 PM
Is there any latest updates about telerik web parts supporting sharepoint foundation 2010 ???
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2013, 10:48 AM
Hello Prasad,

The Installer should work fine on SP 2010 foundation, however, you won't be able to use the grid and list view web parts as they refer the Taxonomy.dll which is part of the paid version. RadEditor and RadScheduler, however, should behave fine.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Kathleen Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Kathleen Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1