This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Mobile Controls

10 Answers 176 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Esk
Top achievements
Rank 2
Esk asked on 03 Sep 2009, 09:49 PM
I was wondering if Telerik has plans to create a mobile controls bundle that is based on the ASP.Net AJAX controls and skins. I noticed component one has a mobile and iphone products out (very limited selection i must say) and was hopping Telerik will do the same sooner or later. As far as i know there aren't many controls for mobile websites out on the market, and I personally would like to keep my mobile websites consistent with their desktop versions. I know in theory we can use the .net controls but they do seem to add a lot to the size of a page.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2009, 07:49 AM
Hello,

Currently we only support the full scale browsers and all mobile devices that have these browsers can support RadControls.

We've had a couple of requests for mobile-specific version of the controls in the past but there is not much customer interest. If we get more people requesting mobile controls we might be moving into that area as well.

Sincerely yours,
Ivo
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
EC
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 07:06 PM
Does Telerik still not have any plans to develop a set of mobile controls? Our company is looking to develop a mobile version of our web app and we are looking for a set of controls to use which would work consistently across all of the mobile browsers.
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2010, 09:30 AM
Hi,

We do not yet have immediate plans for Mobile Controls.
Are you looking for something to target specific device(s)? What requirements do you have for your project?

Regards,
Ivo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tim Barton
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Jul 2010, 04:38 PM
I was looking to target Iphone/Blackberry's web browsers.  Since the cell providers are moving to a limited bandwidth model (CAPS), the controls will have to be light in bandwidth usage.  Since we use Telerik controls in pretty much all our development projects using other controls for mobile development would seem unnecessary.

Hope you created some mobile controls :)
Matt Howeson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2010, 12:37 PM
We're really keen for this too.  At the moment it looks likely we'll have to switch to a separate vendor for mobile controls.  The need to develop mobile versions of web apps is becoming more a when than an if for web developers, and really it's now for us....  If Telerik do have plans for this now, we'd love to know where these are currently so we can factor these into any decisions we make.
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2010, 01:08 PM
Hi Matt,

We will have some exciting news to share soon. 
Stay tuned!

Greetings,
Ivo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Matt Howeson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2010, 02:28 PM
Good news, I realise you probably can't give accurate timescales but are would be helpful to know if we are talking 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or a year?  We are looking to begin development very shortly, if we have a rough idea we can schedule development work accordingly....
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2010, 03:13 PM
Hi there,

The official CTP of RadControls for WP7 is now live. You can check the blog post for more details. 

All the best,
Nick
the Telerik team
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Dec 2010, 03:21 PM
Just a summary of my experiences...
On iPhone 3GS and iPad:
  • RadTabStrip w/Multipage works ok
  • RadGrid works ok
  • RadChart works ok
On BlackBerry 9000 and 9800
  • RadTabstrip w/multipage is messy - might be ajax related
  • Rendered png images works ok
Should we start a new thread / new discussion where people could share their experiences with mobile use of RadControls?
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2010, 10:39 AM
Hello Patrick,

If you experience issues with our AJAX tabstrip/multipage controls under BlackBerry browsers, you can start a separate forum thread or 'reuse' this one and post your findings with more details there. Thus we will investigate the case and will get back to you.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Esk
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Ivo
Telerik team
EC
Top achievements
Rank 1