This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MarkFirstMatch problem

6 Answers 135 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kévin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kévin asked on 26 Oct 2010, 02:14 PM
Hello,

I have a RadComboBox with the option "AllowCustomText" and "MarkFirstMatch" with "true" value.
When I type an existing value the AutoCompletion work.
When I type an unknow value this value is send to the server during the post back.
When I type the first part of an existing value and delete the text added by the Auto Completion, the server received the first match value and not the value enter in the ComboBox.

For example :
I have 3 values : "Value1", "Value2" and "Value3" and I type "Val" in the ComboBox the server receiver "Value1" and not "Val".

I check in the online demo and it work but it don't work in the local demo (installed with Telerik control).

The installed version is : v. 2010.2.826.35

Best regards,
Kévin

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 06:30 PM
Hello Kévin,

Thank you for taking the time to report this.
This seems to be a bug in the current implementation of RadComboBox, I've logged the issue and updated your Telerik points.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Landon
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 09:23 PM
Hello Kévin/Kalina,

I have also just recently discovered this problem with my RadComboBox, MarkFirstMatch and Auto Completion. I would greatly appreciate a solution to this when it is resolved.

Thanks,
Landon
Landon
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Nov 2010, 12:22 AM
My Apologies for Double-Posting,

But is there any chance this issue was resolved in the newest release of controls? (Q3) Or do we have any updates on the status of this problem?

Best Regards,
Landon
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 07:42 PM
Hello Landon,

I am afraid that this issue is not resolved in our latest release,  because it was reported in a short time before the release date.
Please excuse us for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Kévin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 08:52 PM

Hello kalina,

When Can you fix This issue ?
In fact, This bug is very problematic for our development.

Best regards,
Kevin

Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2010, 04:43 PM
Hi Kévin,

We are still researching how to best handle such cases and what would be the optimal fix, so we haven't yet scheduled a specific date for resolving the bug. However, we will do our best to have it sorted out quickly. Please, accept our apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Kévin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kalina
Telerik team
Landon
Top achievements
Rank 2