This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is the Visual Style Builder Working? (14/11/2012)

7 Answers 159 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt asked on 14 Nov 2012, 11:07 AM
Hello,

Please can someone at Telerik confirm if the Visual Style Builder is working?

I've watched the video and I really want to create my own skin. All I want to do is use the Metro skin as a base, and change the light blue (#25a0da) to a dark blue (#003366). I'm changing a color, saving, and then changing a different part. But when I go back to a control that I've altered, it's back to its original color! 

I have also downloaded the theme and expected the contents and my changes are not there either.

I've tried using the Visual Style Builder in IE9 and Chrome 23.

Is it working? Or could someone at Telerik make me a skin for me?

Many thanks,
Matt

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi,

We are aware that Visual Style Builder does not work really good in Chrome and Internet Explorer. I have tested your scenario with Chrome and could confirm this is a bug. It is a high priority to make the tool works fine in all browsers, so in the next few months we will do our best to  fix most of the known issues.

For now I will recommend to use FireFox when using Visual Style Builder tool, I have tested the same scenario and it works as expected. Color is changed, saved, go to another Control, do the same, go back to the first control and the change is saved.

Visual Style Builder test with Firefox shows is s short video file, showing my test with Firefox and Metro skin color changes.

Regards,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2012, 11:27 AM
Thank you for your reply and I can confirm that the VSB does work as expected in Firefox.

Also, thank you for spending the time to make a video. 

I also feel your pain in getting things to work in all browsers.

Thanks again,

Matt
Beth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2013, 04:46 AM
Thank you. I was using Chrome, wondering why I couldn't get it to work. I saw in the videos (which are very helpful by the way) the presenter was using Firefox. Deadlines supersede using my favorite browser!
Ron
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 May 2013, 02:51 PM
Any update on getting this to work in IE?

Also, I have tried going to Firefox and Safari with the same results as in IE.  Ironically, I am also trying to set a base color of #003366 and it comes out to a much lighter blue.  If I set the color to #000000 (Black) it instead uses a light gray.  Is there something set preventing us from using dark colors?

I really wanted to create a few color options based off the Metro skin, but so far no matter what color I use, even light colors, it does not end up being the color I entered after the save but a variation instead like I explained above.
Stamo Gochev
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2013, 08:52 AM
Hello Ronald,

We have already been notified about this issue in the Colorize tab. There are problems with applying some colors in the Visual Style Builder, so I have logged a Feedback item regarding the problem. I have also added the color you provided (#003366) to the list of problematic colors. As more and more people vote for it, we will raise the priority of this task and fix it as soon as possible. You should also be aware that there is another item regarding the modification of the Common resources if you happen to modify the RadButton for example.

Regards,
Stamo Gochev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ron
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 May 2013, 11:19 AM
Thank you... however, your link for the feedback on the colorize problem does not work.
Stamo Gochev
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Ronald,

I am sorry for the broken link reference. I have updated my previous answer with the correct one.

Regards,
Stamo Gochev
Telerik
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1