This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

is it ok to upgrade to Q1 2013 SP1

2 Answers 25 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
moegal asked on 16 Apr 2013, 11:35 AM
I am currently using Q3 2012

Is it OK to upgrade to Q1 2013 SP1?

Early on I saw a lot of posts regarding issues with buttons, masters pages, etc. 
Before Q1 2013 I was upgrading as soon as the upgrade was available. I am a little more cautious now.
I could really use the new features of async upload like pause and resume provided they work and I do not have to make too many changes to an existing project. 

Marty

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
MasterChiefMasterChef
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Apr 2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Moegal,

Yes, it should be OK to upgrade to Q1 2013 SP1. Telerik has updated its Q1 2013 controls already, so any issues are being solved accordingly, and if you end up finding trouble with your upgrade you can always call in to Telerik support to give you personal help with any of your obstacles.

Master Chief
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2013, 10:14 AM
I had 2 issues so far. Maybe so one else could benefit.

1. changes to the grid. I am using hidden columns. Be careful. I did not get an errors only different results in some of my grids.(I am showing and hiding some controls per row based on hidden column values, displaying mixed results)
check out this LINK 

2. jquery 1.9.1. This version seems to break some things.  for the time being I added jquery migrate until I can figure out how to update some of my scripts. You can see it at: jQuery Migrate

Jquery Migrate like to use console log too much though, maybe I can switch that part off.( jQuery.migrateMute = true;)

I will update this post if I find an other issues upgrading.

Marty

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
MasterChiefMasterChef
Top achievements
Rank 2
moegal