This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Invalid JSON Primitive

4 Answers 132 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adam asked on 12 Feb 2008, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure if this post should be under here or under the Prometheus TreeView. We have a Prometheus TreeView with and Prometheus Ajax Manager that is handling all of its postbacks. In the TreeView, there are a considerable number of nodes. Only the first two levels are "visible" and the rest are hidden until the node expanded. At that point, the control postbacks through the ajax manager and the nodes under the node that was expanded are set to visible and then the expand and collapsing is set to be client side so it doesn't need to go to the server anymore.

A user is able to right click on a node and then add a level through the context menu. The user can then right click the new node and choose to edit the text of the node that was added. The issue we are having as that during this process, there are postbacks through the ajax manager. They are able to edit the node, but it appears that after the selection changes and it is posting back the name change, we sometimes get an "Invalid JSON Primitive" popup box. It doesn't always happen, and happens during different postbacks as well, but this is a common set of steps that people take. As soon as a person performs an action that does a true postback that doesn't go through the Ajax manager, the "Invalid JSON Primitive" shows up in the browser window.

So, I'm guessing this problem is related to the Ajax manager. Is there something that I can do to make it not do this anymore. I have been unable to duplicate it on my computer, but have seen it done on the production server.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2008, 09:26 AM
Hi Adam,

Thank you for the explanation.

Can you please verify whether the same issue occurs with the latest release Q3 2007 SP1 of RadControls Prometheus? If the problem is still there, I suggest you put together a stripped working version of your project and send it attached to a formal support ticket. We will debug it locally and will do everything possible to provide an accurate explanation/fix.

Best regards,
Stephen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Rainer Friedl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2008, 11:15 AM
Hi,

I receive the same errors in a very similar app like Adam. I am using v2007.3.1328.35.

There is no pattern when the error will occur. I have tried to find it out.

in this thread (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bbkeam.aspx) you announced a solution to this problem?

If a fix is available, please tell me. I will open a support ticket then to get the dev version.

When will the next SP being availble including this fix?

Thanks,
Rainer
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2008, 11:25 AM
Hello Rainer,

The Q3 2007 SP2 release of RadControls Prometheus will be a fact by the end of the day. Please stand by for the new version of our controls, it will be announced official very soon and you will be able to download it from your Client.net account -> My Licenses -> My Purchases section.

Best regards,
Stephen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Rainer Friedl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks!

Rainer
Tags
Ajax