This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Integration in MOSS 2007

11 Answers 54 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Richard asked on 13 Nov 2013, 02:08 PM
Hi,

We are still using moss 2007 for developing some website. I would like to know if the most recent version of Telerik ASP.NET is compatible with MOSS 2007.

Do you have some links for installation help and/or integrations ?

Thanks and have a great day !

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Nov 2013, 03:21 PM
Hello Richard,

Support for MOSS has been discontinued for over a year: http://blogs.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/posts/12-08-20/radeditor-for-moss-sharepoint-2007-discontinued-as-of-q2-2012.aspx.  If you like I can convert this thread to a support ticket and send you that version.

Nevertheless, the online help resources we have had for MOSS are still online: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-overview.html.

I hope the information from the blog post and the online documentation we have will help you get started.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik

Consider using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (built on top of the ASP.NET AJAX framework) as a replacement for the Telerik ASP.NET Classic controls, See the product support lifecycle here.

Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jan 2014, 06:47 PM
Hi,

We also are still using moss 2007 for some of our sites. Although you no longer support moss 2007, is it possible to manually tweek Sharepoint 2007 to use the current version of the radeditor ? If not, how could I obtain the last version compatible with 2007 ?

Thank you !
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jan 2014, 11:18 AM
Hello Denis,

If you examine the blog post, you will see that most of it treats plugging a newer Telerik.Web.UI in the MOSS2007 environment. Essentially, you need a bindingRedirect for the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly, as well as a SafeControl entry.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik

Consider using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (built on top of the ASP.NET AJAX framework) as a replacement for the Telerik ASP.NET Classic controls, See the product support lifecycle here.

Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2014, 04:03 PM
Hello Marin,

Thank you for your reply.

The following statement from the post lead me to believe that it was referring to an upgrade process not a full install :
"...Nevertheless, existing users can upgrade to a newer version of RadEditor by using the latest MOSS build (5.8.16) and adding the updated Telerik.Web.UI.dll manually...."

Aren't there other steps that need to be performed ? As solution deployment, feature activation, etc.

Thanks.
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2014, 11:13 AM
Hello Denis,

You do not need a full install to get the new Telerik.Web.UI assembly, you can download the so-called "hotfix" package that has only the dlls so you can redirect to them. Since you are already using the MOSS version of the RadEditor you should have that installed and the change would need to be in Telerik.Web.UI. The RadEditor should already have been activated in the MOSS site by following one (or more) of the following, depending on your choice:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-using-radeditor-webpart.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-using-radeditor-in-list-items.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-using-radeditor-in-web-content-management-scenario.html

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik

Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2014, 02:59 PM
Hi Marin,

Thank you again for your reply.

I may not have expressed our situation clearly enough. Although we are currently using the latest version of the Telerik assemblies in our new projects, our old 2007 SharePoint sites do not have the MOSS version of the RadEditor installed. What we want to do is add the RadEditor to those sites. As bonus, if we can add the latest version of the RadEditor so much the better but even the old version would be a plus.

Thanks
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2014, 02:13 PM
Hi Denis,

Thank you for the clarification, I was under the impression that you had an existing MOSS 2007 application that had a RadEditor in it.

You would need to download the old RadEditor for MOSS package from your account (it should be under the  Q2 2012 version of the RadControls for ASP.NE AJAX, now Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX). To do that, however, you will need an valid subscription and I do not see one associated with this account. To clear this matter, I have spoken with our sales department and they will be touch with you shortly.

The articles I linked in my previous post explain how to enable the RadEditor in MOSS 2007 once you have it. You may want to examine the entire section of the documentation and specifically this article: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-installing-radeditor-in-moss-2007-farm.html.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik

Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2014, 02:50 PM
Thank you Marin !
I'll download the appropriate package (using the appropriate account).

Regards.
Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2014, 04:51 PM
Hi Marin,

From under Q2 2012 we downloaded :

Telerik.Web.UI_2012_2_607_Dev.msi
Telerik.Web.UI_2012_2_724_Dev.msi
Telerik.Web.UI_2012_2_912_Dev.msi

None of these packages seem to contain a file like "RadEditorMOSS_5_x_x_Dev.zip" as mentioned in the article (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-installing-radeditor-in-moss-2007-farm.html) you cited in your previous reply.

What package should we have downloaded ?

Thank you again for your support.
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2014, 11:28 AM
Hi Denis,

When you go to Older Versions (the second link above the big Download button) you should see a list with the versions you have available.
Find 2012.2 607 (Jun 11, 2012) and click it.
You should then see a list with various files from that release - automated installation and manual installation should be the first two. These are the "regular" controls.
You should scroll down and under the SharePoint 2010 section find the RadEditor for MOSS 2007 zip.
I am attaching a screenshot of what you should be seeing as a reference.
If you still cannot locate it, please open a support ticket, where we can investigate any potential licensing issues that may be preventing you from accessing it.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik

Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2014, 04:15 PM
We have it now.

Thank you Marin !
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1