This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation error: Could not open Telerik.Web.UI_2011_2_915_Dev.msi or Telerik.Web.UI_2012_1_215_Dev.msi

2 Answers 164 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Midas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Midas asked on 13 Mar 2012, 04:07 AM
Hi,

I just downloaded both Telerik.Web.UI_2011_2_915_Dev.msi and Telerik.Web.UI_2012_1_215_Dev.msi. So that I can upgrade my current Telerik.Web.UI current version (2008.2.1001.35). But I can't seem to install either of them. I am getting the Windows Installer error "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Other info
- Just upgraded my ASP.NET project from VS2008 (.NET 3.5) to VS2010 (.NET 4.0)
- The current project is also now a hybrid ASP.NET Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC 3. That's why I need to get the new version because I am getting some weird "microsoft jscript runtime error object doesn't support this property or method" error and hoping that upgrade in the control might fix my problem, which did not exists in VS2008.

Can you please help?

Regards,
Midas

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2012, 09:01 AM
Hi,

That error message basically indicates the installation package is corrupted. I would recommend attempting another download and trying again.

If you keep getting the error, you could use a download manager such as FlashGet or GetRight in order to ensure your download is complete.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Midas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2012, 05:19 AM
Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your reply. You are right. My download was corrupted. The download said it was 'complete' while I only had around 350KB file size. I have had a complete download have have installed the new version successfully.

Cheers,
Midas
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Midas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Midas