Hyperlink not rendered correctly via Hyperlink Manager on IE 7

5 posts, 1 answers
  1. Cameron
    Cameron avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 22 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi,

    We are currently experiencing some problems when trying to add a hyperlink to the RadEditor using the Hyperlink Manager.
    This happens with IE 7.
    We are currently using version 2013.1.319.40 of the ASP.NET AJAX controls.

    For example let's say I try to add a hyperlink to google and I want it to open in a new window:
    I get the image ie7_tryingtoinserthyperlink

    When I click on OK, here's the html that gets produced in the editor:
    <SPAN id=__insertNodeBefore>a</SPAN><SPAN id=__insertNodeAfter>b</SPAN>
    I get the image: ie7_afterinserthyperlink

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Cameron

  2. Misho
    Admin
    Misho avatar
    185 posts

    Posted 27 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I tried to reproduce the described issue, but no avail. We are aware of some issues with we had with Hyperlink Manager in the past versions that's why I would highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of the RadControls where the issue is not reproducible on my side.
    We would also highly appreciate if you could try to replicate the unwanted behavior on our online demos and confirm the issue doesn't exist anymore.

    I am looking forward to receive your reply.

    Best Regards,
    Misho
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. Cameron
    Cameron avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 28 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi,

    We just upgraded our Telerik controls to version 2013.1.319.40 in April 2013.
    I am unable to test it using your online demos because I have no way testing a previous version of the controls.
    (Incidentally that would be an excellent resource for clients to have.)

    In trying to debug this myself I discovered that in WebResource file for the RadEditor (Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.RadEditor.js), there is a line with the following:
    this.range.pasteHTML("<span id='__insertNodeBefore'>a</span><span id='__insertNodeAfter'>b</span>");
    This is the only line like it in all of the code and it matches exactly what is getting inserted when I try to insert a hyperlink using the HyperLink Manager.
    It is part of the insertNode function, being a part of the
    if (this.range.pasteHTML)
    body.

    Since the error is happening in IE7, I'm not able to see why the insertNode function is getting called. The insertNode function does not get called when the hyperlink is actually created.

    Using a tool, I was able to see a trace of the calls:
    <anonymous>(*, "span[id=__insertNodeBefore]")
         insertNode(*)    /*obviously this is where the node is getting created */
          insertSingleLink  
    onExecute
    execute: false
    execute(null, *): false
    executeCommand(null, null, *)
    <anonymous>(* *)  .* var b = Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.CommandList.getCallbackFunction(c, function(j,g)) */
    <anonymous>

    I am hoping that some of this information will help you in helping me determine what the problem is.
    Upgrading is not always the default solution to every problem.

    Thanks,
    Cameron









  4. Answer
    Misho
    Admin
    Misho avatar
    185 posts

    Posted 31 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Cameron,

    Thank you for the additional information and the time you've spent to research the issue.
    I managed to see and replicate the unwanted behavior you are experiencing with inserting links in IE7 using 2013.1.319.40 version of Telerik Controls.
    However this version is not an official one, but an Internal Build. We don't recommend these builds for production environment since they are not tested extensively and are not passed the whole testing process. Their main purpose is that you could be able to verify a certain fix is applied but we could not guarantee there wouldn't  be new issues introduced.
    Our latest official version is 2013.1.417. It is also running on our online demos and it is seen that the problem is resolved there. I've created a video showing my tests:
    http://screencast.com/t/SZDUXQDJzi
    I know that it might be an effort but I strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest official version where the issue is obviously resolved.

    If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.

    Best Regards,
    Misho
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  5. Cameron
    Cameron avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 31 May 2013 Link to this post

    Thank you for checking deeper into this mystery, Misho.

    I had no idea that we were using an internal build.

    I'll get our manager to upgrade to the latest version.

    Thanks again,
    Cameron D
Back to Top