This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Height is set to 400px

2 Answers 91 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
saritha78
Top achievements
Rank 1
saritha78 asked on 03 Jun 2010, 09:56 PM
Hi,
I have a RadSplitter on a page which has master pages. It is the first control inside the asp:content tag. I have set the Height of the RadSpltter to 100%. But when I look at the rendered html code, it is defaulting it to 400px and adding the scroll bar. The form on master page has a height of 100%, the div inside the form also has a height of 100%.

<div id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder2_RadSplitterMain" style="height:400px;"><!-- 2010.1.511.40 --><table id="RAD_SPLITTER_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder2_RadSplitterMain" class="RadSplitter RadSplitter_Default" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:1px;height:1px;border-left-width:1px;border-top-width:1px;"
How do I set it such that the scrollbars appear only if the IE window size is smaller than the content and not vice versa.
Thanks,

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
saritha78
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 12:15 AM
I have added everything specified here:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/splitter/examples/resizewithwindow/defaultcs.aspx

I also added HeightOffset="0" as specified here:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/splitter/maximum-height.aspx

Once I added the HeightOffset, it now spans to full page, but has the vertical scrollbar when it is not necessary. How do I get rid of the unncessary scrollbar. I would like it to be there when the content is long for the page, but now when it fits.

Thanks,
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Saritha,

I tried to reproduce the problem with the provided information but to no avail. Could you please provide more detailed information on the specific issue? If possible, please open a support ticket and provide a sample project that reproduces the problem.

For your convenience I have attached my sample test project, could you please modify it to a point where the problem occurs and send it back so we can investigate it further?

On a side note, please make sure that all of RadSplitter parent elements have set height value.

All the best,
Dobromir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
saritha78
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
saritha78
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dobromir
Telerik team