This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Has the Visual Style Builder been updated for Q3 2012?

2 Answers 49 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cradz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cradz asked on 18 Oct 2012, 04:39 PM
Due to the change in styles for the Radcombo box I regenerated a couple of skins using http://stylebuilder.telerik.com/ and I'm still seeing the problem.

Is it me or has the style builder not yet been updated?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2012, 06:58 AM
Hello,

The Visual Style Builder is not updated with the latest Q3, 2012. I could not give you firm estimated, but it is in our to do list, but we need to provide a few more fixes in the CSS files to ensure we will not release some major problems.

For now, you could take the latest control`s CSS released form the skin folder and to compare with the version Visual Style Builder outputs and manually add the necessary changes. Note that if the problem is with the layout, it will be necessary to check the base stylesheet also.

Regards,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Cradz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks Bozhidar.

I did manage to fix my issues with RadComboBox in my custom skins per my post on http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/combobox/custom-skin-issue-with-q3-2012.aspx

If you are dealing with these breaking changes to RadComboBox please note the following:

1) MyCustomSkin/ComboBox/rcbSprite.png and MyCustomSkin/ComboBox/rcbSpriteIE6.png appear to be no longer used.

2) MyCustomSkin/ComboBox.MyCustomSkin.css will need updating. I copied from a skin in the Skins install directory and renamed the file and searched and replaced the name of the skin inside of the file to my skin name.

3) New files have been added to the MyCustomSkin/Common folder: radFormSprite.png and radFormSpriteIE6.png. I copied from a skin in the install directory.

Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Cradz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Cradz
Top achievements
Rank 1