This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ForeColor in Q12013

9 Answers 63 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew Dorfman
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew Dorfman asked on 05 Mar 2013, 06:47 PM
I upgraded a project to Q12013 and the first thing I noticed is my RadTreeView nodes are now displaying in blue where before they were black.  I can iterate through all nodes and change them to black but is there anywhere to set this globally?

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 Mar 2013, 09:40 AM
Hello,

I am not able to replicate your issue at my end. You can try the following CSS to change the node ForeColor to black.

CSS:
<style type="text/css">
    .RadTreeView_Default, .RadTreeView_Default a.rtIn, .RadTreeView_Default .rtEdit .rtIn input
    {
        color: Black !important
    }
</style>

Thanks,
Shinu.
Andrew Dorfman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2013, 02:28 PM
This did not work.  I can't understand it either.  All I did was upgrade to the Q12013 release and the colors changed.

See attached for before and after screenshots

Kate
Telerik team
answered on 08 Mar 2013, 08:33 AM
Hello Andrew,

Can you please clarify which is the skin that you are using with the RadTreeView control? Can you also replicate the same appearance with this on-line demo?

Greetings,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2013, 11:14 AM
I can confirm this as well.  In my case my nodes have hrefs set and it appears they are now being styled as standard site anchors. I'm using the WebBlue theme. 
Andrew Dorfman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2013, 01:01 PM
This is the same exact behavior I'm seeing. I still haven't resolved it.
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2013, 08:36 AM
Hi Andrew,

We are already aware of this appearance of the RadTreeView control and we are working on resolving it. Meanwhile I would suggest that use the following workaround:
div.RadTreeView .rtIn {
           color: inherit;
       }

Regards,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Andrew Dorfman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2013, 02:53 PM
Kate,

I'm not sure exactly how to apply this workaround. Nothing you are suggesting seems to work for me.  All I know is my tree displays perfectly fine with the previous version if I update the DLLs to the latest then the nodes are displaying as hyperlinks (as mentioned above).  What is the ETA for having this fixed?  At this point I cannot upgrade to the latest version of the components.

Andrew Dorfman
Accepted
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2013, 10:04 AM
Hello Andrew,

I understand that the issue that you have is indeed very frustrating. I did test it locally with the code that I suggested and it work as expected from my side. Here I attach my simplified runnable page that you can test and check how it goes. Can you please modify it in a way that demonstrates the issue that you have and send it back to me so I can inspect it and help you out?

Kind regards,
Kate
the Telerik team
Andrew Dorfman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Apr 2013, 02:55 PM
Thank you Kate.  Using the example I was able to get to the bottom of the issue and apply the workaround.  All is good now.
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Andrew Dorfman
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Andrew Dorfman
Top achievements