This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Fontsize always setting to 7 in Chrome in Radeditor using Rad controls (2009.1.402.20)

5 Answers 31 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vinay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vinay asked on 26 Aug 2013, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I have been trying to find the solution for past 4 days, but i couldn't get any solution for this.

I am using Rad Editor version -2009.1.402.20. When i select the font size drop down and select any no., it is setting always to 7.

This behavior is there only in Chrome. 

I tried to attached a sample here but i couldn't. So please find the sample in this sky drive link: http://sdrv.ms/1fdAFrd

Can any one please look into this issue, it would be very helpful for me.Thanks in advance.

Please note that currently we are not ready to upgrade our RAD controls.

Thanks,
Vinay.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Vinay,

Many of the commands and functionalities for editing the content of the RadEditor control depend on the browser commands. 

Functionalities like bold, italic, indent, outdent, font sizing etc. are actually implemented in the browser's logic. Due to historical reasons and the complexity of implementing custom functions for these features the editor from RadControls v2009.1.402.20 is using the available browser commands. 

For the time being, along with browser upgrading, these commands have been changed in order to stabilize the RadEditor's and make it work as expected.

I could only make assumptions on what modifications have been made to the browser commands in Chrome and I cannot suggest you a proper solution for the described issue.

I would recommend you to upgrade RadControls to version, which corresponds to the Chrome version you are using, so that any bugs or issues that occurs in older versions would be fixed.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Vinay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks Lanko for your reply.

I will talk with my management and try to upgrade RAD controls.

If they don't accept for that, can i modify the js scripts of RAD editor as a work around ? Since we purchased these controls i guess we have rights for moditying and using these controls. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Vinay
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2013, 06:56 AM
Hi Vinay,

Indeed, you could modify the JavaScript files as a workaround for this problem.

Nevertheless, it will not be an easy task to fix all possible browser incompatibilities with this version of RadControls.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Vinay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2013, 07:19 AM
Hi Lanco,

I have made all the required changes to radeditor.js file and now am able to solve my issues.

But i have situation where this rad editor is used in many places in my application. so i have to go and add "UseEmbeddedscript" in all these places in order to make it work. 

Is there any tool that can be used to embed this script to the assembly so that i can avoid using "UseEmbeddedscript" in all the places.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vinay.
'
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2013, 02:18 PM
Hello Vinay,

Currently there is no such built-in functionality or tool that could help you to configure the all the RadEditors in the project.

The only approach I can think of is using Theme to customize the configuration. If you do not set a Skin in the theme and the SkinID of the control these settings will apply to all pages that use this theme. You can set a global theme for all your pages in the web.config.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Vinay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Vinay
Top achievements
Rank 1