This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Font Issue

2 Answers 57 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert asked on 29 Jan 2013, 12:59 AM
Please take a look at the two screenshots I've provided.  I don't know if you can tell but the fonts used by the RadComboBox are distinctly different.

Here's the thing: The two screenshots are of exactly the same RadComboBox in exactly the same app!  The only difference is that the first one is of the app being run in VS2012 on my development machine (Win 7 OS) and the second is the app running under IIS7 on a different Win 7 machine.

The font shown on my dev machine is the one I like and what I was expecting to see.  The one deployed to the server is peculiar and doesn't fit in with the rest of the fonts on the page.

I absolutely assure you that both copies are using exactly the same CSS file.  They should be identical but they're not.

So the obvious two questions are: Why is this happening?  How do I fix it?

Robert

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jan 2013, 08:58 AM
Hello Robert,

I have inspected the provided images and it seems that the one from the deployed application is a bit bigger that the one from your local application. Here is an image demonstrating the above observations. Could you check if you had zoomed the browser, when observing the deployed application. In addition, could you specify the browser under which you observe the problematic behavior?

Lastly, I noticed that the RadComboBox is placed in a RadWindow. For that matter, could you clarify if the problem occurs when you scroll the page?

Greetings,
Nencho
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2013, 05:45 PM
Nencho,

Thank you for your advice and sorry to bother you with this.

You were right!  On the test machine, IE9 had the Zoom changed to 110%.  I don't know why.  When it was reset to 100%, everything looks fine now.

Once again, sorry for bothering you with this!

Robert
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nencho
Telerik team
Robert
Top achievements