Feature Request

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Steve
    Steve avatar
    1888 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 Link to this post

Maybe I"m just doing it wrong...but here's my definition
    <telerik:RadWindow ID="popupWindow" runat="server" Width="500px" Height="400px" VisibleStatusbar="false" Modal="false" Animation="Fade" Behaviors="Close, Move, Resize" Skin="Sitefinity" Autosize="true"

(populated with lipsum in a content template)

So what happens is the window fades in to the 500x400...then autosizes all gimpy because there's no div size in the content area...

Could it perhaps ASSUME that if I set a size of 500x400 in the markup, and autosize is on...insert a div or inline style or something to get some dimensions set for me?  Is there any way around this?  I can't imagine it's desired functionality for anyone...

2. Steve
    Steve avatar
    1888 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 Link to this post

...also PLEASE give us the ability to hide those terrible icons via a property and have the title move left to cover the space it left
  3. Georgi Tunev
    Admin
    Georgi Tunev avatar
    7207 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 Link to this post

Hello Steve,

Regarding your first question, RadWindow's autosizing logic expects that the content in the template to be wrapped in a container with some size set - otherwise we cannot determine what the size of the content is. If, in such scenario, we put a pre-set size as you suggest, then the AutoSize feature will not work, which on the other hand would produce inconsistent behavior for the user. We will discuss this issue in our internal meetings, but at this point I cannot tell how or if we will cover this scenario.

As for your second question, such change would break the layout of the RadWindow titlebar - that is why we haven't implemented such functionality in the control. If you want you could try the solution given in this forum post, but please note that we do not support such modificiation:
    http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/window/hide-window-icon.aspx

All the best,
    Georgi Tunev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  4. Steve
    Steve avatar
    1888 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 Link to this post

1) Yep, I realize that :)  However the problem is that with Autosize on and no container, the Autosize is essentially broken...so could it perhaps look at the window size and add +- X pixels then resize down the the set Window Width\Hieght?....or even don't do anything and just wrap it in that width and height.

2) Yeah I know how to get rid of it, but I mean I was playing with the demos, and if I deleted the first "td" in the title row, the icon goes away, and the title moves left to fill it's space...seems fine (appears that way on my end anyway).  Could the property just not render that td, OR jQuery delete it?  There are cases which having a icon on the titlebar just doesn't work...

5. Georgi Tunev
    Admin
    Georgi Tunev avatar
    7207 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 Link to this post

Hi Steve,

I will forward your suggestion in p.1 to our developers. As for the icon issue however, I would like to stress out again that such change will lead to problems in certain scenarios - that is why we do not provide such option for removing the icon and shifting the text. Theoretically speaking we could easily provide a property that would basically do what you did in your tests by code, but this would lead to inconsistent behavior of the control in some scenarios which is not acceptable.

Regards,
    Georgi Tunev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  6. Jeff
    Jeff avatar
    86 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 Link to this post

Sorry, I have to chime in here.

We just have removed the icon from the popup window as well. 
    http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/window/2010-q1-window-icon-in-upper-left-is-now-green.aspx
    The new green icon clashes with the existing blue skins (office, vista, etc).  Prior to 2009Q3 it was a more neutral white/yellow icon.

Georgi -
    Can you please elibrate on, "As for the icon issue however, I would like to stress out again that such change will lead to problems in certain scenarios - that is why we do not provide such option for removing the icon and shifting the text". 

What type of issues should I have my QA team be testing to ensure the removal does not cause further issues?

Thanks
    Tim
  7. Georgi Tunev
    Admin
    Georgi Tunev avatar
    7207 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 Link to this post

Hi Tim,

For example you could test how the window will look like when you open it in IE6 / IE7 / IE8 in Quirks mode.

Sincerely yours,
    Georgi Tunev
    the Telerik team