This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Errors pop up after upgrading to 2009.3.1103.35

3 Answers 55 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chanan Zass
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chanan Zass asked on 25 Nov 2009, 05:10 PM
Here's a weird phenomenon.
Everything was working fine with our RadTabStrip until upgrading to the latest Telerik version.
We have a tab strip where new pageViews are being created dynamically.
In one pageView we have a few RadDateInputs among other input fields.
Upon completion, you click a submit button that takes you to the next tab (a page with RadGrid where you can manage attachments - edit, delete and add files).
If you wishes to go back and correct your input you may click the earlier tab and edit your input.
This was running with no problem before the upgrade.
Now, the first submission goes without a hitch. However, if one goes back and re-submit, we get this error:

Text property cannot be set. String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.   
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.   

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Text property cannot be set. String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.  

Source Error:   

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.    

Stack Trace:   

[InvalidCastException: Text property cannot be set. String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.]  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadDateInput.RangeTextProperty(String value) +192  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadDateInput.set_Text(String value) +22  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadInputControl.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +103  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadDateInput.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +26  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +13  
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +346  
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1743  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082  

Anyone has encountered such problems after upgrade.
We've been going wild over this problem for two whole days now, trying to figure out where the problem is...
If there's a problem with the date format, how does it go through the first time?

Many thanks for any clue.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chanan Zass
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2009, 01:39 PM
I should have posted it at the TabStrip forum, not Input.
Anyhow, we've concluded there's certainly a bug with the latest version of RadTabStrip.
Reverting back to version 2009.2.701.35 has solved the problem.

We'll be glad to hear anyone experiencing problem combining RadTabStrip with RadDateInput.

Thanks.
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2009, 08:07 AM
Hi Chanan,

I was not able to replicate the error you have pasted. Can you take a look at the sample I've attached and let me know how to modify it so that the problem becomes evident?

Best wishes,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Chanan Zass
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Nov 2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for looking into it, though we've resolved already our case by reverting to earlier version.
It would be difficult for me to replicate the problem on a simple application.
Ours involves the creating of new pageViews, etc.
I have created a new duplicate Web site on our server especially to examine this problem.
I think I would open a support ticket with this issue so you may view it directly (using password).

Again, this is not urgent and is basically just a bug report.

Thanks.
Tags
Input
Asked by
Chanan Zass
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chanan Zass
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pavel