Here is the scenario:
I have created 4 RadComboBoxes, each containing data selections, retrieved dynamically, in the form of CheckBoxes. I would like to enable users to view their selections before submitting. I saw a Telerik example wherein the selections were displayed in the input text field of a RadComboBox, but that is too limiting for the numbers of data items the boxes will contain.
I reviewed the Dock control and an example of dynamic creation and thought that this would be perfect for the project provided I could get everything working properly. I implemented the idea nearly successfully for one box. Perhaps someone can help me with the issues I'm facing.
1. The Dock disappears on a postback. I'd like for the user to be able to see the contents of all the boxes at once. Thus, the postback issue only permits only one display of a RadDock control at a time.
2. I tried to format the list of box items using: \r\n. However, the display of contents wrapped, ignoring carriage return and line feed.
3. I tried to manually insert a ListBox into the markup, but that control is rejected. It's not a valid RadDock object.
5. I think adding a RadGrid server side into a dynamically created RadDock would be OK, but I don't know how to do that.
Basically, I want:
- Display on demand for each of the ComboBoxes
- Persistence of all the displays through postbacks, until the user dismisses the control
- The kind of data legibility and organization that can be achieved using a ListBox or a Grid
Do you have some suggestions/examples for a Telerik beginner?
Thank you in advance,