Disabled Intellisense for Telerik in Visual Studio 2010

7 posts, 1 answers
  1. An
    An avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2013

    Posted 13 Mar 2014 Link to this post

    Hello,

    I have been using Telerik in Visual Studio Enterprise 2010 for over 2 years and just last week, just after the latest Windows patch, the Intellisense broke.  It only recognizes .Net framework objects and tags now.  I have Telerik defined in both Web.Config and the pages themselves but it just won't work.

    Please help. 

    Thank you.
  2. Misho
    Admin
    Misho avatar
    218 posts

    Posted 14 Mar 2014 Link to this post

    Hello,

    Thank you for contacting us. We are not aware of such issue related to missing intellisense in Visual Studio 2010 and you are the first to report it. Could you please confirm whether you are experiencing the same issue after installing our latest internal build from this Tuesday? If you are still experiencing the same issue please provide the following additional information so we would be able to replicate and research it on our side:

    - OS, version;
    - .NET version;
    - Visual Studio 2010 version;
    - Microsoft Windows updates lately installed.

    Thank you in advance.

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Best Regards,
    Misho
    Telerik
     

    DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

     
  3. An
    An avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2013

    Posted 14 Mar 2014 in reply to Misho Link to this post

    Hello Misho,

    It is not the Telerik patch but rather the Windows patch probably reset my VS2010 environment somehow.  I am on:
    - Windows 7 64-bit
    - .Net 3.5
    - VS 2010 10.0.30319.1
    - Have not idea what Windows updates got pushed.

    I set my project as a Website solution.

    I hope these help.

    Thank you.
  4. Misho
    Admin
    Misho avatar
    218 posts

    Posted 14 Mar 2014 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I've tried to replicate the issue in accordance with the details you've provided but no avail.
    What I would suggest you at this point is to get the latest Telerik.Web.UI internal build from this week where we have other intellisesnse fixes introduced and verify whether you are having the same issue replicated. If the problem still exits I would recommend you to try the possible solutions described in this forum thread:

    • Delete the ASP net Cache files from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\radcontrols_aspnetajax;
    • Reopen the current project or reopen Visual Studio itself.
    • Refresh remote references in Visual Studio by clicking: Edit > IntelliSense > Refresh Remote References;
    • Close Visual Studio and delete this folder: %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ReflectedSchemas;
    • Reset all settings in Visual Studio by clicking TOOLS > Import and Export Settings > Reset all settings.
    I'm also attaching a sample .NET 3.5 website that I've tested on my side with Visual Studio 2010.

    I hope you will find this information helpful.

    Regards,
    Misho
    Telerik
     

    DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

     
  5. An
    An avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2013

    Posted 08 Apr 2014 in reply to Misho Link to this post

    Hello Misho,

    I opened your project and VS2010 still gives the same error as my other projects.  Please see attached pictures.

    Thanks.
  6. An
    An avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2013

    Posted 08 Apr 2014 in reply to An Link to this post

    I attached the Source view error from both projects.  It seems the .dll you gave me works better with the Intellisense, though not in the Design view.

    Thank you.
  7. Answer
    Misho
    Admin
    Misho avatar
    218 posts

    Posted 09 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Hello,

    Regarding the design time error the issue is described in the Design-time Troubleshooting article in our documentation.
    As of the intellisense issue a posible cause could be if you have different Telerik.Web.Design dlls version in the GAC and in the Bin folder so I would suggest you to try to delete the one from the Bin. You could also find the following help article helpful:
    http://blogs.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/posts/09-03-06/meet-telerik-web-design-dll.aspx

    I hope that helps.

    Best Regards,
    Misho
    Telerik
     

    DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

     
Back to Top