This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Deploy/Silent install of RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2009_1_402_dev.exe

2 Answers 105 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jim asked on 29 May 2009, 09:02 PM

Is there a good source for commands to help me uninstall and deploy RadControls?

I’m having problems removing the old RadControls (RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2008_3_1314_dev.exe) and deploying the new RadControls (RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2009_1_402_dev.exe) to several of our software developers computers. We are using System Center Essentials to deploy our applications.

-----Uninstalling RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2008_3_1314_dev.exe-----

I used the TARGET right from the properties of the RadControls Uninstall option in the Start Menu (msiexec.exe /qn /x {2B1D699A-9AA3-11DD-89B7-11CA56D89593}). Well, I guess I added the /qn to make it a “silent” uninstall. Using this command seems to only partially work. It removes references from the desktop and the Start Menu, but I look in the Add/Remove Programs it is still listed.

-----Deploy RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2009_1_402_dev.exe-----

When Q3 2008 came out I was able to use “-s –v –sms” to create a deployment package that installed it quite well. Unfortunately I can’t remember where I found the source of that information. Also, those parameters/switches aren’t working when trying to deploy Q1 2009. The only way I’ve been able to successfully install Q1 2009 is by manually running the exe without any parameters/switches. We have many developers so it wouldn’t be practical to manually install this.

I would appreciate any links or insight on this subject.

Thank you,

Jim

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jun 2009, 04:15 PM
Hi Jim

It seems like this package is using installshield installer.

Please, see the following help article: http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=Silent_Install

Regards...
<John:Peel />
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jun 2009, 09:48 PM
Looks like that worked for me.  Thank you for the help.

Jim
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jim