This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Default2006 skin

8 Answers 131 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Xander
Top achievements
Rank 1
Xander asked on 17 Mar 2008, 09:44 PM
Hello,

Why does the Default2006 skin for Window Prometheus not look like the Default2006 skin for RadControls for ASP.NET? It looks terrible.

Do you have a correct Default2006 skin file for the Window control in Prometheus?

Thanks,
Xander   

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Alexander,

This skin will be fixed for the next update of our controls which will appear next week.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Xander
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2008, 04:35 PM
Hi Georgi,

That's fine for me. Thanks for the fast feedback and timing.

Alexander
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2009, 04:43 PM
I just loaded version 2009.1.402.20 and it doesn't find default2006 skin.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2009, 11:52 AM
Hello Mark,

I just answered your other forum posts on the same subject. For convenience I paste my reply below:

In our meetings and discussions about the Q1 release and the major skin-lift that we applied to all our web controls, we decided not to include the Default2006 skin but to leave it as an external one. We also modified the Default2006 skin to use the new CSS naming convention (that is now common for all RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX) and you can use it with Q1 2009 as well. More information on the subject and the skin download is available here:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/window/radwindow-q3-2008-skins-available-for-download.aspx

Sincerely yours,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 01:19 PM
Hello, i'm looking for the a way to replace the "Default2006" skin in my Asp.Net program

"<td><telerik:RadDatePicker ID="calMaturityDate" runat="server" Skin="Default2006"></telerik:RadDatePicker></td>"

and downloaded and pasted in a Skins directory into my Visual Studio with the "Default2006" skin directory, but it doesn't seem to be picking it up and i also tried the "Skin=Default" but the "Default" skin doesn't present the fine lines around the grid and so on

thanks very much for any suggestions on how to fix this or any alternative approaches?

bk

Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 09 Nov 2012, 09:47 AM
Hello,

I have already answered to your question in another thread you posted, but here it is once again.

Since 2009 Q1 , Default2006 skin is not in the embedded resources already. Currently there are several gray color scheme skin, which you could use - Default and Office2010Silver.

I don`t know what you want to achieve, but since Office2006 it was removed, the control`s UI was improved a lot and some details in the Gird or other controls most probably does not look the same way as they used to look with Default2006 skin.

You could also create custom skin based on Default2006, but I think using the above mentioned skins is much more safe and appropriate.

Regards,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Nov 2012, 11:57 AM
Ok thanks very much for you response Xander, but maybe would it be possible to also include that 2009 dll reference in the  /bin directory or shoudl you only typically have 1 dll reference? thanks Xander, bk
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2012, 07:47 AM
Hello,

In the project, you should have two DLL - Telerik.Web.UI which holds all base styles, Default skins and scripts and Telerik.Web.UI.Skin, which holds all other embedded skins except Default.

2009 DLL (or Default2006 skin) could not be included into the project as since 2009 a lot of rendering in the controls has changed and it will not work properly with the latest release.

All the best,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Xander
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
Xander
Top achievements
Rank 1