This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Databind (530 rows) taking way too long with Hierarchical grid

1 Answer 34 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Craig Hauzie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Craig Hauzie asked on 25 May 2010, 09:25 PM
I have a very basic RadGrid implemented with 1 master table and 1 detail table connected via a <ParentTableRelation>. I have the grid set to HierarchyLoadMode="Client" and the load time on the page is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 minute plus.

Am I doing something wrong? 500+ rows doesn't seem like a ton to me for a grid to handle. Are there settings I can alter to make this work?

Paging won't work for my situation either.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2010, 11:10 AM
Hi Craig,

500+ rows with client hierarchy actually means that

1) you databind 1 master table AND 500+ detail tables simultaneously, which is bad for the server-side performance
2) all detail tables are rendered on the client, which means that you have several THOUSAND rows rendered and this is bad for the client-side performance

I am afraid you are pushing to the limit in this case. You either need to use paging or use ServerOnDemand hierarchy load mode.

Best wishes,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Craig Hauzie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Share this question
or