Posted 22 Jun 2012
Link to this post
Here's what I've done...
1) Created a RadMenu and add items to it. It displays OK.
2) Set the EnableEmbeddedSkins property to False:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu_1" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False">
3) Created a directory in my project. I called it CustomMenu.
4) Copied the Menu.css and Menu directory from the skin to customize. In this case I copied from this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2012 SP1\Skins\Transparent
I have 9 files in my Menu sub-directory, plus the css file.
5) Included the skin files in my project.
6) Renamed the CSS file to "Menu.Custom.css"
7) Opened the css file and changed all occurrences of "_transparent" to "_custom"
8) Dragged the CSS file from the Solution Explorer onto my MasterPage inside the <head></head> tags
<link href="../CustomMenu/Menu.Custom.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
9) Changed the Skin property of the RadMenu control to "Custom"
ID="RadMenu_2" runat="server" Skin="Custom">
When I run the application, here's what I get:
Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenu with ID='RadMenu_0' was unable to find an embedded skin with the name 'Custom'. Please, make sure that the skin name is spelled correctly and that you have added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly in your project. If you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.
What else do I need to do???
Posted 25 Jun 2012
Link to this post
Are you sure you have EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" on the RadMenu's you have using the custom skin, because that appears to be the problem as noted by the error message.
I ask because in step two, your RadMenu is called "RadMenu_1" and in step 9 it's called "RadMenu_2" and the EnableEmbeddedSkins property isn't even set there, so I am assuming the same would be true for the RadMenu called "RadMenu_0".