I have RAD Ajax Controls 2009 Q3 installed, no problem.
I am not sure why, but when I build my site, I get errors like this:
Error 4 The name 'RadMenu1' does not exist in the current context C:\inetpub\wwwroot\The Playgrounds\The Playgrounds\RSSReader.aspx.cs 150 21 The Playground
I do indeed have a RADMenu with that name in the page, but the codebehind cannot see it.
I have references added to Telerik.Web.UI and my ASPX does too:
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
What am I doing wrong?
10 Answers, 1 is accepted
Can you post the code?
Yes it did. However, this can easily be a problem not related to Telerik but instead to ASP.NET.
Sample code on my codebehind.
RadMenu1.DataSource = o; // Where o is object.
And RadMenu1 won't be found.
There are more errors on the pages themselves:
I add a RadScriptManager and the control displays the grey box saying "Unhandled exception occured. Could not load file or assembly [FQAN]. The system could not find the file specified".
Please make sure that items in your toolbox are from the same assembly version as the project references.
As for the other problem - could it be that the RadMenu1 is placed inside a templated control? This way its ID cannot be used directly, but first need to be found with FindControl.
Are you using a web site or a web application? If the latter - make sure that the .designer file contains the proper definition of the menu.
the Telerik team
The site is a web application.
Your designer tip is good. I just checked my aspx pages and some don't have designers.
For one page which does not have a designer, I added a RadSlidingPanel and I can see the variable from my codebehind. Fine. But I also added a RADGrid and it gives a grey box on the aspx page stating FileNotFound exception could not load or find assembly [name] or one of its dependencies.
The web.config file was also modified when adding these controls.
The controls added by default to the default.aspx page (RadscriptManager and 2 others) give a filenotfound exceptio when viewed in design mode. I did not try to use these variables (ie radScriptManager1) in the code behind, but I suspect the variable won't be picked up.
I did uninstall VS2008 Standard and installed VS 2008 Pro. I think this may be part of the problem (installed telerik controls, uninstalled vs 2008 standard, installed VS2008 Professional, and then uninstalled telerik controls and then the latest version (which I think is still at the major release).
Looks like this is not an app problem (with my project), but with the install or VS.
Any more ideas? A link here (http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/sitefinity-3-x/deployment/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-telerik-cms-or-one-of-its-dependencies.aspx) although Sitefinity, says I should clear the temp ASP.NET folder (may be worth a try).
Please install SP1 of Visual Studio 2008. You can find more workarounds here:
design time troubleshooting
the Telerik team
I have a RadOrgCahrt and RadSearchBox control in my web application (using Visual studio 2015), when I build my project I get the attached errors in the file ,The name 'RadOrgChart1' does not exist in the current context
kindly advise on how I can eliminate or resolve this two errors
The error that you are seeing indicates that you are trying to access control which is not present in the scope. Can you please ensure that the RadOrgChart1 is not placed within a template or is not nested in another control?
If the issue persists, please provide some additional information on the exact scenario.
I got same exception while working with RadOrgChart.I had copy pasted example from Telerik website into Visual Studio 2017 Web application, so designer file for default.aspx page wasn't generated for HTML text i pasted. In my case, designer file was not generated due to missing below content tag.
<asp:Content ID="BodyContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">
Now it is working fine but ran into telerik assembly issues.
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2019.2.514.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
A possible reason for the experienced issue could be a license file error, which prevents building the solution.
Please try the troubleshooting steps listed in the Visual Studio 2017 Build warnings on Telerik.Web.UI.dll forum post.
I hope that will help!
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.