Visual Studio 2017 Build warnings on Telerik.Web.UI.dll

2 Answers 1737 Views
General Discussions
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
George asked on 18 Sep 2018, 09:54 PM

I get the following build warnings on Telerik DLLs.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Flow, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet, Version=2018.3.910.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Everlive.Sdk.Net35, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage, Version=3.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'AWSSDK.S3, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=885c28607f98e604' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Warning IDE1003 Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\Project\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on '.Core, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=885c28607f98e604' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well. SignupList 1 Active

Several of the DLLs not found exist in the bin and others do not. 

I do not completely understand the referencing system. It complains about Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage which does not have a bin DLL with that name but does have the NuGet package installed.  I do not know what AWS SDK is about since I deploy to Azure, not to AWS.  In this regard, I assume that the Telerik ASP.Net AJAX upgrades should configure everything correctly.  I know that the upgrade changes my .webconfig file on every upgrade since I always fix it.

The project build and runs, I do not understand if the warnings matter (since everything links) but I would like to get rid of them.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2018, 02:26 PM
Hello George,

It seems that the VS instance you have is configured to be rather strict. These warnings indicate that some of the assemblies that we can use are not referenced in the current project.

Our assembly contains references to them so that certain features can work. Without such references at build-time, those features would not compile and work, much like a WebApplication that uses our controls would not compile if our assemblies are not present.

For example, the various Telerik.Windows.* assemblies are part of the Telerik Document Processing libraries and are used for exporting and importing files. The Spreadsheet assembly is where the server code of the RadSpreadsheet built-in provider lives. The rest (Everlive, AWSSDK, Azure, and the others they depend on) are assemblies that can be used by RadCloudUpload to send files to the certain cloud storage system that it supports out-of-the-box.

So, to have a successful upgrade, you need to ensure that the assemblies you use are updated to the proper version together with their references in your project. If you do not use certain assemblies, you do not need to worry about such warnings. If you like, you should be able to instruct VS to suppress them: https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn/issues/8877 (there are a few similar issues in the roslyn repo, though, so there may be some issues in such suppression).

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
commented on 24 Sep 2018, 03:23 PM

I do not want to suppress the warnings, I want to fix them. I had a lot more of them and managed to fix them by updating NuGet packages. The final ones where all Telerik.Web.UI.dll related.

I have no idea what "you need to ensure that the assemblies you use are updated to the proper version together with their references in your project" implies or what I would do. I looked at the version numbers and they match.   These are all dependencies from Telerik.Web.UI.dll, I should not have to deal with this, the Telerik upgrade should be handling it.

Overall, this matches my experience with Telerik's update quality and getting problems recognized that cannot be reproduced. 

George

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
commented on 24 Sep 2018, 03:52 PM

Hi George,

Can you show me the references your project has? Does adding the assemblies from the initial list to the ~/bin and to the project References fix this? If the project didn't originally reference those assemblies, an automated upgrade wouldn't add them.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
commented on 03 Dec 2018, 09:54 PM

Well, a complete disaster has not happened - it will compile because of these warning which now ends in.

Here is a list of each of the errors and the situation in the references list.  I have included a picture of files in the project bin.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2018.3.910.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)'

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml version 2018.3.904.40 exists in the bin.

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet version 2018.3.904.40 exists in the bin

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Flow, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Telerik.Windows.Documents.Flow version 2018.3.904.40 exists in the bin

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core, Version=2018.3.904.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core version 2018.3.904.40 exists in the bin

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet, Version=2018.3.910.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet version 2018.3.904.40 exists in the bin.

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage, Version=3.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage version 9.3.2.0 exists in the bin - wrong version, but cannot go backward since I am using Azure.

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Telerik.Everlive.Sdk.Net35, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Telerik.Everlive.Sdk.Net35 does not exist, no idea how to get it, I am using .Net4.7

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'AWSSDK.S3, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=885c28607f98e604' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

Analyzer assembly 'C:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' depends on 'AWSSDK.Core, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=885c28607f98e604' but it was not found. Analyzers may not run correctly unless the missing assembly is added as an analyzer reference as well.

'Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2018.3.910.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)'

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient,  AWSSDK.S3,  and AWSSDK.Core are not in the references.

'Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2018.3.910.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)'

It will no longer compile, and I really need to fix a bug on my website.  The assemblies were not found before, and it compiled fine.

What can I do?? The Telerik references do exist but are not found, and I have no clue how to get the other references.  Considering that it is Telerik.Web.UI DLL that is asking for the references and breaking my build, your help would be good.  It is a Telerik puzzle.

That it cannot find the seemingly valid Telerik references that exist really stumps me.  I had other DLLs giving similar warnings that I all fixed using NewGet, getting and updating, but I could not solve the Telerik DLL warning.

I NEED to build.

George
Top achievements
Rank 2
commented on 03 Dec 2018, 10:20 PM

This post, https://www.telerik.com/forums/awssdk-core---aws-sdk-v3, from 2015 says  and AWSSDK.S3 references should not be there and cannot be fixed relative to existing used DLLs.

This page, https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/cloudupload/cloud-storage-providers/telerik-backend-services, says how to add Telerik.Everlive.Sdk.Net35. It says - From the RadCloudUpload's smart tag choose Everlive as provider and open the Configuration Wizard - what is RadCloudUpload? I cannot find it, I only subscribe to ASP.Net Ajax.

I tried getting Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient version 10.0.0.0 but it gets 13.0.0.0 and still gives the warning.  Version 12 is the earliest I can get with NuGet.

Quite the mess that the Telerik.Web.UI DLL uses.

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2018, 10:45 AM
Hi George,

A customer who experienced these errors/warnings fixed the problem in the following way:
  • Restart your computer.
  • Clean the solution (screenshot).
  • Rebuild.

Other tips for the error are:

As to the RadCloudUpload - it is one of the controls distributed with the Telerik.Web.UI.dll. If you are not using it in the app, it is not required to register its provider related third party assemblies.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
commented on 05 Dec 2018, 04:18 PM

I was constantly and restarting and cleaning the solution.  I also did Telerik/Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX/Upgrade Wizard which readded the Telerik DLLs.

From the first tip website, replacing the licenses.licx in the /ProjectName/Properties folder with an empty one fixed the compile problem.

All the not found warnings still bother me, especially the Telerik ones where the right DLL is there.

Teja
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
commented on 11 Jun 2020, 04:22 PM

Thanks. Deleting content from the License file under properties folder of the solution and make licx file readonly resolve the issue. We have the license for Telerik product so deleting license info would effect while moving to production environment ? One more issue is, every time i am making modifications to the code i am getting a dialog should i change the file from read-only to writable. My solution is not under GIT as i am doing a POC.

Rumen
Telerik team
commented on 12 Jun 2020, 01:49 PM

Hi Hariteja,

The licenses.lics file is not holding any security or licensing information so it is absolutely fine to keep it empty.

It is important to use the dev version of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll otherwise if it is the trial one, you will get random trial errors in the browser.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Rumen
Telerik team
Share this question