This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Click Event

9 Answers 163 Views
Chart (HTML5)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jer asked on 14 Jun 2012, 03:24 PM
Will you be adding a click event like the RadCharts have in the near future?

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 12:36 PM
Hello Jer,

We are planning to add a click event for the series, yet at the current state of affairs I cannot provide a firm estimate on when it will be available. If possible, it will be included in the service pack, otherwise I hope the rest of the high-priority tasks will allow us to make it for the Q3 2012 release. You can stay tuned and monitor the release notes and demos to see when this feature will be available.

Kind regards,
Marin Bratanov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Rob Needham
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2012, 03:07 PM
Hi, I'm trying to achieve the same functionality. Is there a work around to create the same behaviour as the onclick event? Thanks
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 09:03 AM
Hi guys,

I am glad to inform you that we have added OnClientSeriesHovered and OnClientSeriesClicked events for the RadHtmlChart and they will be available in the upcoming SP release. The events expose all needed relevant information and you can easily use them for fine tuning, e.g if you need to perform a server action, you could make an ajax request. Along with the new events, we have also added new demos /will be also available when the SP release is out/ showing them in action - a drill down chart scenario and client events console one.

I hope that the provided information is helpful, let us know in case new questions arise.

All the best,
Svetlina Anati
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Rob Needham
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2012, 03:02 PM
Hi Svetlina,

Is it possible for you to tell me the date this service pack is expected to be released as we are heavily anticipating this functionality.

Regards,

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Rob,

The SP is scheduled for next week, if everything goes by plan it should be available till its end.

Kind regards,
Svetlina Anati
the Telerik team
Aakansha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Sep 2012, 12:52 PM
hello telerik team,

I am using two client side events of RadHtmlChart
1) OnClientSeriesClicked
2) OnClientSeriesHovered

I am creating a pie chart using radHtmlchart.I want to set the SeriesItem.Exploded = true on OnClientSeriesHovered and to set it false when the series item is unhovered. Please help how i achieve this, or how i can set the exploded = true when OnClientSeriesHovered client side event is called.

Also, can you suggest any kind of animation effect i can include in my Pie chart.This will really be helpful for me.

Thanks,
Aakansha
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2012, 12:19 PM
Hello Aakansha,

I have just answered your support ticket with the same question and I am pasting my reply below in case someone else has a similar question.

Currently it is not possible to change series properties on the client. We are considering this option, yet I cannot provide any estimate on it, because the planning for the Q3 2012 release has already been completed and the tasks have been set.

The animation that a PieChart can have is the same as any other - when it is being rendered there is a short animation effect. The Transitions property can disable it when you set it to false.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
the Telerik team
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Apr 2013, 08:15 PM
Is there a way to change series properties on the client yet?
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2013, 02:21 PM
Hi Andy,

It is possible to toggle seriesItems properties, you can see it in the updated API of the control:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/htmlchart-client-side-api.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/htmlchart-client-side-onclientseriesclicked.html
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/htmlchart/examples/clientsidedatabinding/defaultcs.aspx
In these resources you will find an example of setting an entirely new datasource, of modifying an existing item and you will also see a full list with the data available in the event.
The following blog post will show you the new features that were added in Q1 2013: http://blogs.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/posts/13-03-04/what-s-new-in-radhtmlchart-in-q1-2013.

All the best,
Marin Bratanov
the Telerik team
Tags
Chart (HTML5)
Asked by
Jer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Rob Needham
Top achievements
Rank 1