This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cant set background image on special day for RadCalendar with Office2007 skin applied.

1 Answer 43 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Karl asked on 05 Mar 2013, 10:22 AM
I have a RadCalendar on a site I'm developing and need to set a number of days as special days (or at least I need to highlight days somehow).

I have created a style that I can apply to them, and it works perfectly if I set the border and background colours, but as soon as I try to apply a background image instead of the background colour (so the day has a gradient) it doesn't.

I've tried setting !important in my stylesheet but it's made no difference.

I have also tried applying the style using a CalendarDayTemplate like so without any joy...

<CalendarDayTemplates>
    <telerik:DayTemplate ID="BusyDayTemplate" runat="server">
        <Content>
            <div class="rcTemplate rcDayDate BusyDay">
                [DayOfMonth]
            </div>
        </Content>
    </telerik:DayTemplate>
</CalendarDayTemplates>

How can I use the default built in skin for the RadCalendar, but apply a background image to the special day?

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Galin
Telerik team
answered on 08 Mar 2013, 12:33 PM
Hi Karl,

I have tested your scenario and it works as expected. Could you try the following CSS rule
.BusyDay
{
    background: url(gradientImage.png) repeat-x 0 0;
}

Also, make sure the image file is loaded correctly. Also I recommend that you use web tools like Firebug for Firefox / IE developer tool. Shortcut F12 activates both and you can use network monitoring to ensure all files are loaded correctly. Additionally you can easy inspect the elements and to see the styles that they have. After researching the styles of elements you can add or edit their rules.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Galin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Galin
Telerik team
Share this question
or