This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Buttons and FileUploads invisible q2 2009

3 Answers 33 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 11 Aug 2009, 04:37 PM
We recently upgraded to the new controls.

I like the drop down styling , but it has made my upload boxes and my buttons vanish from the page.  They are still there as I can click where the button should be and it works.

I have chosen not to style buttons as i have my own css - the upload controls do not have any style on them
<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" Runat="server"   
        DecoratedControls="CheckBoxes, RadioButtons, Textbox, Textarea, Select" />  

here is a screenshot:    Missing Items

I am stumped - My solution for now is to turn it off, but I hope we can find a better one.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2009, 10:17 AM
Hi David,

Could you please provide more details about your setup? If possible please paste the code of the page that you show in the screenshot.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2009, 01:19 PM

code  good luck viewing this as there is a lot of customization in the master page from the database

I have the decorator in the master page.  The page itself  is for viewing a list of quotes & requesting a quote.  it has a tabstrip with 2 views. The first view is a grid with some great stuff i learned on the forum.  The second tab is the form with upload boxes to attach specs  and request a quote.

The style i have on the button is very simple:  If i remove the style from the button - it still is hidden in IE but it looks funny in Firefox.    odd button with no style in FF

.button   { font-size: 12 ; color: #FFFFFF ; font-weight: bold; background: #597891 ; }  

It seems as if it is trying to style the button, even though I did not include it in the decorator.

Thank you for looking at this - i am stumped and i know it is going to be something simple.

Testing more on other pages with more controls, i can see the buttons before the decorator kicks in and styles the items.
Smaller forms it runs so fast i didn't notice it.
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2009, 10:23 AM
Hello David,

Unfortunately I was unable to run your code, so I would like to ask you to simplify the sample project to a page with upload, form decorator, your CSS and your button so I can see what is causing the problem. Once I have a running project, I will do my best to help.

Best wishes,
Martin Ivanov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
David
Top achievements
Rank 1