we recently updated from Q3/2013 to Q1/2014 and encountered a problem in the RibbonBar which only occurs if we use a port which is not 80 or 443.
This is what leads to this error:
- We use IIS Express with port 1028 and Chrome
- The RibbonBar contains several groups with icons, all large by default (but we also provide an 16x16 image url in case the window is too small for large icons)
- The problem occurs after a postback, not on initial page load.
- The error occurs for the first icon in every group in the active tab (e.g. 5 groups = five images).
- But all icons (even if the RibbonBar uses the 16x16 icons) are displayed correctly
The browser tries to load the 16x16 image with an url without port which leads to a 404 error. But the browser does this only for the first icon in every group in the visible tab. It seems the RibbonBar tries to compute something and uses the wrong url.
Here is an example for one icon (informations from Chrome network tab).
The complete url of the first call:
Of the second call (note the missing port):
It seems something changed between Q3/2013 and Q1/2014. If I revert to Q3/2013 the problem is gone.