Telerik Forums
UI for Blazor Forum
3 answers
1.3K+ views

Is it possible to build something using the Modal window perhaps where I could build a custom popup editor?

 

I have a complex edit form with quite a few fields and dynamic behavior (fields hidden based on selection values).  It looks like I could implement this with the form editor, I was wondering if I could do something with a popup to avoid a lot of scrolling that is required with the form editor solution.

 

Thanks,

Kenny

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2019
4 answers
784 views

Dear Telerik,

thank you for the wonderful Blazor controls.

I have a question about the Tab-Control.
I need to know the active tab in the code behind.
I tried to acces the Title-property in the 'Telerik.Blazor.Components.TabStrip.TelerikTabStrip'  - REF.
But the Title-propery in de ActiveTab class  is private and thus not accesible.

Is there a way to know the active Tab in de code behind ?

 

Regards,

Gert

Gert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 May 2019
1 answer
377 views

Dear Telerik,

I have a question regarding the TelerikDatePicker's Format property.
I have set the format to "dd/MM/yyyy"

<TelerikDatePicker Format="dd/MM/yyyy"  bind-Value="@DatePickerValue" ValueChanged="@OnDateChanged"></TelerikDatePicker>

But the Picker still displays the date as yyyy-MM-dd.

I have tried various ways, including setting the CultureInfo in different ways, but nothing seams to help.

Do you have a solution for this ?

 

Regads,

Gert

 

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2019
11 answers
755 views

Hi,

Is there currently a way to run some code when the user chooses a value out of the DropDownList? I couldn't find an event and I couldn't see anything in the help.

Thanks.

 

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2019
1 answer
697 views

I would like to style the drop down list in the editor template and maybe the checkbox elements in a grid.  Is this possible at the moment?

 

Thanks,

Kenny

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2019
10 answers
1.8K+ views

I have a relation that I am trying to represent in a grid.

 

One object has a Guid that points to another object which has a textual representation of the field.

I want to display the textual value in the grid. 

The editor should display a pick list of values that display the textual values (drop down list), but puts the guid into the referencing object.

 

So to say this another way, I want a guid field in the grid to display as the related textual value.  When you edit the field, it should be a pic list with the textual values from that table.  The selected value from that list should save the related guid into the model object.

 

I imagine this is a common use case.

 

Do you have an example of something like this?

 


Kenny
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 May 2019
7 answers
1.1K+ views

I've got a TelerikGrid inside a Blazor EditForm component (abridged code): 

<EditForm Model="@_billOfLadingVM" OnValidSubmit="@HandleValidSubmit">
 

           other bound components here

            <TelerikGrid Data=@_billOfLadingVM.BillOfLadingContainers EditMode="incell" Pageable="true">
              <TelerikGridEvents>
                <EventsManager OnUpdate="@UpdateHandler"></EventsManager>
              </TelerikGridEvents>
              <TelerikGridToolBar>
                <TelerikGridCommandButton Command="Create" Icon="add">Add Container</TelerikGridCommandButton>
              </TelerikGridToolBar>
              <TelerikGridColumns>
                @*<TelerikGridColumn Field=@nameof(HSCodeModel.HSCodeId) Title="ID" Editable="false" />*@
                <TelerikGridColumn Field=@nameof(BillOfLadingContainerModel.ContainerCode) Title="Container Code" />
                <TelerikGridColumn Field=@nameof(BillOfLadingContainerModel.ContainerSizeId) Title="Container Size" />
                <TelerikGridColumn Field=@nameof(BillOfLadingContainerModel.IsLCL) Title="LCL" />
                <TelerikGridCommandColumn>
                  <TelerikGridCommandButton Command="Update" Icon="save" ShowInEdit="true">Update</TelerikGridCommandButton>
                  <TelerikGridCommandButton Command="Edit" Icon="edit">Edit</TelerikGridCommandButton>
                  <TelerikGridCommandButton Command="Delete" Icon="delete">Delete</TelerikGridCommandButton>
                  <TelerikGridCommandButton Command="Cancel" Icon="cancel" ShowInEdit="true">Cancel</TelerikGridCommandButton>
                </TelerikGridCommandColumn>
              </TelerikGridColumns>
            </TelerikGrid>
 
</EditForm>

 

When I press the Create command button (i.e. add new row in grid) in the grid's toolbar it seems like it causes the form to be submitted as the OnValidSubmit method is called.  Is that the expected behaviour and is there any way to stop that happening?

My grid is updating child data of my `_billOfLadingVM` model class, so I don't want the grid to submit the whole form as the user may still have other data to enter in the other components.

The obvious solution is to move the grid outside of edit form component tags, but that's tricky to do with this particular form's layout.

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2019
2 answers
504 views
I'm trying to bind a TelerikDatePicker component to a nullable DateTime property, but I'm getting a compile time warning of "cannot convert from System.DateTime? to System.DateTime".  Does the TelerikDatePicker support binding to nullable values and if not, could it be changed to do so?
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2019
3 answers
442 views

Dear Telerik,

 

I have deployed our server-side Blazor app to our IIS Server.
Everything works except , the Telerik Controls have no Visuals (CSS) ?
De Grid has no gridlines, the command buttons haven no icon, the tab-headers are rendered vertically, all fonts are black .
I have attached a screenshot.

Is there something I have missed or should do ?

 

regards,

Gert

 

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2019
1 answer
651 views

Dear Telerik;

The Window-Component is really awesome.

I have  a small issue opening a new Window from within a opened Window.

Both Windows are marked as Modal .
The second Window displays on top of the first Window, which is perfect, but is not modal.
I still  can changes Controls in the first Window.

Is it possible to correct this ?

Regards,

Gert

 

 

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2019
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?