This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Blank Pages In Export to PDF

1 Answer 875 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
James asked on 04 Aug 2014, 07:13 PM
I am getting blank pages when exporting to PDF. I have already followed the steps in the outdated 7 year old KB article: http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/details/problem-telerik-reporting-renders-blank-pages with no success. My report is only 6.5 inches wide and is wrapping the text as expected to keep in within the 6.5 inches. It prints fine except for the extra blank pages. My Report consists of a master report with a subreport.

I am not sure what can be done to fix this. The blank pages are happending after the end of the sub-report. I tried setting the backgrounds to diff colors and it seemsthat the master report detail is whats showing up as the background.  I have attached a copy of an export to pdf, i have also attached a screen shot of my report designer for the detail and header:

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2014, 01:06 PM
Hello James,

Additional pages can be caused by overflowing items or explicitly set PageBreak on report sections. Please double check the report definition and preview it in design Print Preview, to check what will be the actual physical page layout of the document.

Test again the suggestions listed in the Problem: Telerik Reporting renders blank pages KB article, which is still relevant. Set all reports' sections and items' KeepTogether properties to false and check the item's groups GroupKeepTogether properties in the Group Explorer (in Extended Mode).

Adjusting the PageSettings properties (Margins, PaperSize) can help you fit the content in a single page.

I hope the above information helps you.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or