Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET Core Forum
3 answers
294 views

Hi all,

 

I have s pretty complex grid set up that uses a popupeditorto edit records. In this popupedsitor i included two child grids that are (through the ToClientTemplate method) perfectly working as should. I only have 1 remaining requirement. I need to refresh the record being shown in the popupeditor if i add records to one of the client grids.I have some flags in the main entity (the one in the form) that get filled when the child grids get populated.... So the question:

 

Can i refresh the record being shown in the popupeditorthroughfrom a javascript function (i will use the events in the childgrid to do this)?

 

I tried:

getting the grid datasource and doing the .sync() and the .read(). But they (of course) close the popupeditor... Anyone?

 

Tx

Alexander

 

 

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Nov 2020
1 answer
539 views

I'm trying to use the following date picker in aspnet core: https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-core/datepicker/api

However I'm struggling with enabling editing on the date (via the keyboard) once the date has been chosen via the calendar pop-up.

I'm instantiating it in the following way: 

 

    var cal = Html.Kendo()
    .DatePicker()
    .Value(DefaultValue)
    .Name(ComponentName)
    .Events(e =>
        e.Change("datepickerChange")
        .Open("datepickerOpen")
    )

 

My issue is that I'm trying to record a person's birth date, but the calendar defaults to 2020. If someone was born in 1960, the would have to navigate the calendar back 60 years instead of being able to type the year into the date box after selecting the day and month. 

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Nov 2020
1 answer
249 views
How remove or not show treeView in FileManager?
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Nov 2020
1 answer
190 views

Hello

 

How to add class to row (<TR>) on TreeList from Datasource value ?

 

Thank You

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2020
1 answer
174 views

I am using the Fluent API of the Telerik UI for Asp.Net MVC to build a form that has an Editor as one of it's elements, bound to a backing property in my model. I want my view to act as both the edit and display page for my model, so I want to disable the Editor when in display mode, but I cannot find a method to do so, and my attempts to change the contenteditable attribute to false have failed. y research lead me to work arounds in other version of Kendo-UI that haven't worked for me. Below is a snippet of my form with the Editor that I am looking to disable.

@(Html
    .Kendo()
    .Form<CorrectiveActionAddEditModel>()
    .Name("formInformation")
    .HtmlAttributes(new { action="Add", method="POST"})
    .Items(i => {
            i.Add()
            .Field(f => f.Description)
            .Editor(e => e.Editor().HtmlAttributes(new { contenteditable = false }))
            .Label(l => l.Text(SharedHtmlLocalizer["Description"].Value))
            .InputHtmlAttributes(new { data_val_required = string.Format(Localizer["TheField_Name_IsRequired"], Localizer["Description"]), contenteditable=ViewBag.IsEdit });
        }
    )
)

 

How can I disable this Editor through the Fluent API? If that isn't possible, how can I disable it via javascript (specifically jQuery)?

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2020
1 answer
208 views

How create TextBox(Razor) type password?

@(Html.Kendo().TextBox().Name("Password").????)

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2020
5 answers
202 views

I now discovered that the messages for Spreadsheet are only available in English. Also, there is still no way to customize the toolbars other than showing and hiding them. After having much trouble with the Spreadsheet component in the last few days I get the impression that this will not be further developed. Although the response to the component has not been very great, it should at least work identically on all platforms, which is definitely not the case. 

Hey, Telerik, what's going on? Will this component be updated in the foreseeable future and brought to an acceptable level?

Regards
Heiko

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2020
11 answers
844 views

Hi there.

is there any bridge between SpreadSheet and SpreadProcessing or how can i load XLSX binary from database to that SpreadSheet widget  ??

i have checked this forum but i get gzip verson error.

 

Thanx in advance

Ahmed

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2020
5 answers
1.0K+ views

Hi,

I try to use the tag helpers with the upload control, but I'm not able to convert all the code du to the lack of documentation.

How to convert this code to use the tag helpers.

                        @(Html.Kendo().Upload()
                                                    .Name("files")
                                                    .HtmlAttributes(new { aria_label = "files" })
                                                    .Validation(validation => validation.AllowedExtensions(new string[] { ".pdf", ".jpg", ".png" }))
                                                    .Validation(validation => validation.MaxFileSize(10485760))
                                                    .Files(files =>
                                                    {
                                                        if (Model != null && Model.AttachedFiles != null)
                                                        {
                                                            foreach (var f in Model.AttachedFiles)
                                                                files.Add().Name(f.fileName).Extension(System.IO.Path.GetExtension(f.fileName)).Size(f.length);
                                                        }
                                                    })
                                                    .Async(async => async
                                                        .Save("SaveFilesAsync", "Controller")
                                                        .Remove("RemoveFiles", "Controller"))
                                                    .Events(events => events
                                                    .Select("onSelect"))
                        )

 

 

 

Heiko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 12 Nov 2020
1 answer
277 views

Hello,

I have a grid and I display tooltips on some of its columns. It works OK. I also have a DropdownList. After DropdownList change I read data for the grid again. The grid then shows new data, but the tooltips are never visible.

This is the function for DropDownList change event:

function ViewChanged() {
  $('#AccountGrid').data('kendoGrid').setOptions(initialAccountGridOptions);
  $('#AccountGrid').data('kendoGrid').dataSource.filter({});
  $('#AccountGrid').data('kendoGrid').dataSource.read();
}

I figured out that the tooltips are displaying when I delete the first line with setOptions function. But I need the setOptions function.

Is there a way how to use this function and still see the tooltips?

Thanks for answers.

Aleksandar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2020
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?