Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
181 views

We have two licences for the UI for ASP.net Ajax and installed one copy for Visual Studio 2010 back in 2013. 

I recently installed Visual Studio 2015 on the same computer and had problems running an application developed in VS2010 on .net 4.0 in VS2015 upgraded to .net 4.5.

I tried installing the latest telerik trial version (2016) and this seemed to fix the problems for Visual Studio 2015.  The only problem is it is a trial edition and I now have two versions of Telerik installed.

What I want to achieve is:

  • My .net 4.0 application working as-is in Visual Studio 2010
  • The updated .net 4.5 application working and licenced in Visual Studio 2015.

Please let me know what I need to do to achieve this.

Kind regards

 

Steliyan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
3 answers
172 views
Is there is some way of getting a transistion fade effect on the ajax loading panels?

Currently the loading image just flashes in and out during a callback and I like to acheive a nice fading effect instead. Telerik seem to do this on their own site for the "Example Source Code & Description" section of the demo pages. Not sure if they are using their own radAjax panel here though?

Searching the forums seems to suggest that you may be able to integrate with some jQuery functions but I cannot find any specific examples.

Thanks in advance
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
2 answers
182 views

How can I resize the SearchBox from javascript ?

I want to resize the SearchBox based on some available width between a min and max value I provide.

I tried the following but nothing changed

searchBox._dropDownWidth = "100px";
searchBox._element.clientWidth = "100px";

Mickael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
1 answer
478 views

Hi,

when it comes to RadHtmlChart I can use InvokeLoadData="AfterPageLoad" to load the chart data after page load.

What is the equivalent for RadGrid?

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
3 answers
328 views

Hi,

I have 2 numeric textbox, gridcalculated column and footer column.
Once the value is entered in the numeric textbox (something like onblur), i want to calculate the value for gridcalculated column and footer column. The lblTotalValue should have the total of the "GridCalculatedColumn".
This is the UI which I have:

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="OrderQuantity" HeaderText="Order Quantity" DataField="OrderQuantity">
            <EditItemTemplate>           
                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtOrderQuantity" runat="server" >
                </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>                
            </EditItemTemplate>        
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
  
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="UnitPrice" HeaderText="Unit Price" DataField="UnitPrice">
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtUnitPrice" runat="server" >
                </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>              
            </EditItemTemplate>
            <FooterTemplate>
            <asp:Label ID="lblTotal" Text="Total: " runat="server"></asp:Label>
            <asp:Label ID="lblTotalValue" runat="server"></asp:Label>
            </FooterTemplate>  
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
  
            <telerik:GridCalculatedColumn DataFormatString="{0:C}" DataType="System.Double" HeaderText="Extended Price"
                UniqueName="ExtendedPrice" DataFields="OrderQuantity,UnitPrice" Expression="{0}*{1}"
                Aggregate="Sum" Visible="true">                
            </telerik:GridCalculatedColumn>

How to achieve this?
Thanks
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
1 answer
69 views

Is it possible with the gantt chart control to have a view where its month at the top then below that a column for each individual day?

 

I found this screenshot on the silverlight version:

http://d585tldpucybw.cloudfront.net/sfimages/default-source/productsimages/silverlight/ProductItemFeatures/ganttview_support-for-various-project-data_screenshot.png?sfvrsn=1

 

But cant find a way to do this witht he asp.net ajax version?

 

Thank you

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
1 answer
171 views

Hi
i have a grid and in that Grid i have a column name 'Result' which Show data like 6-5,10-11 etc
i have two way to make that 
1. select Set1 ,Set2   from table1

and then in grid 
 <telerik:GridTemplateColumn >
<ItemTemplate>
 <%# Eval("Set1")+" -"+Eval("Set2") +","+'<sup>'+Eval("Set1")+'</sup>'+" -"+Eval("Set2") %>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn >

2. i can return a field named 'result' from my data query store procedure like '(select ISNULL(CAST( Set1 as nvarchar(5)),'') +''+ ISNULL('-'+CAST(Set2 as nvarchar(5))+''+ISNULL('<sup>'+CAST(Set3 as nvarchar(5))+'</sup>','')'')  as result  from table1' which give me 6-5,10-11

and in grid 
<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Result" DataField="result" > </telerik:GridBoundColumn>


my Question is which one is better if the total number of set is 15.and number of row in result set more then 100

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
5 answers
542 views

I upgraded Telerik controls from 2013.2 to 2016.1. There is a page with a combobox of checked items (see code below). With version 2013.2, changing any of the checkboxes with the mouse and clicking outside the combobox causes a postback. With version 2016.1 the postback doesn't happen. If I change a checkbox with the keyboard (space) I can get the postback to occur. Is this a bug, or the way it's supposed to work? Thanks for your help...

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbSites" runat="server" CheckBoxes="true" EnableCheckAllItemsCheckBox="true" Label="Sites" LabelCssClass="fwBold"        AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="rcbSites_SelectedIndexChanged">    </telerik:RadComboBox>

Nencho
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
2 answers
153 views
Hi,
Very strange problem.  I have project which used version 2014.3.1024.35.  I’ve just updated the project to the latest version (2016.1.225.35)
The upgrade seemed to work without error.  However the skins don’t seem to be rendering correctly.  I’m using Metro, but it looks more like MetroTouch.  Has massive padding and huge text.
More importantly it looks nothing like the examples on your website.  The preview is also not accurate.
This is same story for all skins and all controls.
Please tell me this is an error and the skins haven’t changed to this extent?
Thanks.
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
64 answers
2.2K+ views
Hi Telerik Team,

I Have a rad Grid i have a column which is link button it is added Dynamically, When i click the Export to Excel button the Column which is made as Link Button is not being Exported to the Excel Sheet.I am Attaching the Excel Sheet and Rad Grid Images.
 

Thanks,
Chary
Kostadin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?