Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
110 views
Using v2009.3.1314.35 with VS2008, IE8.

  1. On a blank page I put a RadScriptManager, a RadAjaxManager, and a RadListBox, leaving everything set to the default skin. 
  2. I add ten items to the list box via the Build RadListBox smart tag, all with the default text
  3. Set AutoPostBack to true
  4. Hook into the SelectedIndexChanged event, but do not add any code to the handler.
  5. Configure the ajax manager so that the list box updates itself.

Then I run the page and watch the memory allocation for iexplore.exe.  It starts out around 12megs.  

Every time I click one of the items in the list box, the memory allocation increases, and I can pretty quicky grow it to 20 megs before my finger gets tired.

Known issue?


Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
97 views
I have a class that has a property which is a collection of other objects (think Order with List<OrderDetail>). I want to populate the nested grid with the child objects (Order Detail) but I can't get to the parent object in the DetailTableBind event, and I can't find how to specify the property that contains the child data. The documentation is clear for requerying the database everytime to get the nested data, but that isn't always practical in the real world.
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
131 views
Im trying to migrate to RadControls "Prometheus" from the lastest version of 5. I use many RadGrid components inside ModalPopupExtender, and I could pass by with version 4 and 5 of the grid. Now with Prometheus it doent work anymore, the grid render with no height only the header and fotter show, but the body of the grid seams to render with height 0. Ive try many combinations of propertie settings and couldnt get it to work. After a rerender caused by any reason (like sorting or column reordering, window resizing, etc...) the grid renders correctly. Maybe if I could force a re-render I could go around this problem, but I havent been able to do that.
Anyone has any clue about this?
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
231 views
Hello. Is there some way to save the selected tab and multiview index after a postback, so that the tab I was visiting is selected after a postback and not index 0? Thank you.
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
7 answers
191 views

Hi.

I'm using GridDropDownColumn to display and edit values in grid:

1.<telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="MYFIELD" HeaderText="Entity" UniqueName="MYFIELD"
2.    DataSourceID="EntityDataSource" ListValueField="ID" ListTextField="NAME"
          EnableEmptyListItem="true">
4.</telerik:GridDropDownColumn>

and ObjectDataSource for show human-readable value of "MY_FIELD" column:
1.<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="EntityDataSource" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetEntityList" 
2.TypeName="..."/>

When i;n group grid by this column - in grid headers shown "ID" value:
"MYFIELD: 45".
How i may to show "NAME" field in groups header?

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
205 views
I need to add whitespace between the <li> elements that get generated as part of the HTML output of the RadTagCloud and I can't figure out how to do it.  It's causing a problem in my design in IE 7.

I've attached a screenshots of the page in IE7 (not working - text "escapes" outside the yellow Frequently Searched Terms box) and IE8 (working - text is confined inside the yellow Frequently Searched Terms box).

Viewing the source of my page shows this is the HTML output of the cloud control:

<!-- 2010.2.713.40 --><ul class="rtcTagList">

<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/1/agriculture-food-nutrition.aspx" rel="tag" title="Agriculture, Food, Nutrition" style="font-size:10px;">Agriculture, Food, Nutrition</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/2/commerce-industry.aspx" rel="tag" title="Commerce &amp; Industry" style="font-size:11px;">Commerce & Industry</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/3/culture-media.aspx" rel="tag" title="Culture &amp; Media" style="font-size:10px;">Culture & Media</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/4/education-labor.aspx" rel="tag" title="Education &amp; Labor" style="font-size:13px;">Education & Labor</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/5/energy.aspx" rel="tag" title="Energy" style="font-size:11px;">Energy</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/6/environment-natural-resources.aspx" rel="tag" title="Environment &amp; Natural Resources" style="font-size:13px;">Environment & Natural Resources</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/7/government-operations-budget.aspx" rel="tag" title="Government Operations &amp; Budget" style="font-size:11px;">Government Operations & Budget</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/8/health-human-services.aspx" rel="tag" title="Health &amp; Human Services" style="font-size:15px;">Health & Human Services</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/9/immigration.aspx" rel="tag" title="Immigration" style="font-size:11px;">Immigration</a></li><li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/10/international-relations-trade.aspx" rel="tag" title="International Relations &amp; Trade" style="font-size:20px;">International Relations & Trade</a></li>

</ul><input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_cphBody_cphContent_cphContent_fsProfile_cldTerms_ClientState" name="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_cphBody_cphContent_cphContent_fsProfile_cldTerms_ClientState" type="hidden" />

As you can see, the <li> elements are all jammed together with no carriage returns, spaces, tabs, nothing, which is not standard.  At a minimum, you'd write an unordered list like this:

<ul>
<li>item 1</li>
<li>item 2</li>
</ul>

If I view source of my page, copy all the HTML and put it in a new static HTML page with carriage returns between the <li> elements as I indicated in the example above, the page displays correctly in both IE7 and IE8. So I ultimately need the HTML output of the TagCloud to look like this:

<!-- 2010.2.713.40 --><ul class="rtcTagList">

<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/1/agriculture-food-nutrition.aspx" rel="tag" title="Agriculture, Food, Nutrition" style="font-size:10px;">Agriculture, Food, Nutrition</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/2/commerce-industry.aspx" rel="tag" title="Commerce &amp; Industry" style="font-size:11px;">Commerce & Industry</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/3/culture-media.aspx" rel="tag" title="Culture &amp; Media" style="font-size:10px;">Culture & Media</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/4/education-labor.aspx" rel="tag" title="Education &amp; Labor" style="font-size:13px;">Education & Labor</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/5/energy.aspx" rel="tag" title="Energy" style="font-size:11px;">Energy</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/6/environment-natural-resources.aspx" rel="tag" title="Environment &amp; Natural Resources" style="font-size:13px;">Environment & Natural Resources</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/7/government-operations-budget.aspx" rel="tag" title="Government Operations &amp; Budget" style="font-size:11px;">Government Operations & Budget</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/8/health-human-services.aspx" rel="tag" title="Health &amp; Human Services" style="font-size:15px;">Health & Human Services</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/9/immigration.aspx" rel="tag" title="Immigration" style="font-size:11px;">Immigration</a></li>
<li class="rtcTagItem"><a href="/issues/10/international-relations-trade.aspx" rel="tag" title="International Relations &amp; Trade" style="font-size:20px;">International Relations & Trade</a></li>

</ul><input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_cphBody_cphContent_cphContent_fsProfile_cldTerms_ClientState" name="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_cphBody_cphContent_cphContent_fsProfile_cldTerms_ClientState" type="hidden" />


Is it possible to do this?  If so, how?
Rachael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
308 views
Hi,

Is there a better way to access the litConnected from the the ItemDataBound event, I don´t like the concept to calculate stuff to make it work, must be a better way?


<telerik:RadGrid ID="activeGrid" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="activeGrid_ItemDataBound" AutoGenerateColumns="false"  EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true" EnableAjax="true">
                <MasterTableView Name="active">
                    <Columns>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="name" HeaderText="Name" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="thingie" HeaderText="Thing2" />
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Literal runat="server" ID="litConnected" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                    </Columns>
                    <NestedViewTemplate>
                       Here be things..
                    </NestedViewTemplate>
                </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
protected void activeGrid_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
   if(e.Item.ItemType != GridItemType.NestedView)
         return;
   var litConnected = activeGrid.MasterTableView.Items[e.Item.RowIndex / 3 - 1].FindControl("litConnected") as Literal;
 
}

kiteloop
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
57 views
I was wondering if the datagrid control can have following features:

When viewing data in a grid, the requirement is to allow users to customize and store the settings as their default view. The user should be able to –
• Select columns to view
• Select column Sequence
• Select default sort column
• Store the setting (as a view) and use it on next visit.
• Allow multiple such views to be stored for a user.

I would appreciate any feedback.

cheers
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
171 views
All I want to do, is to get a values from a grid when it is not in edit mode. Note that I'm able to get two of the values (both the int32 fields), but I cannot get a reference to the "IsActive" Checkbox or the string "Delimiter" field.

Please let me know how I can accomplish this. Below is my code-behind. Notice the boldfaced fields I can't get...

protected void itemUp_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
        {
            ImageButton imgB = (ImageButton)sender;
            GridDataItem dataItem = (GridDataItem)imgB.NamingContainer;
           
           
            string IsActive = dataItem["IsActive"].Text.ToString();
            if (IsActive == "1")
            {
                Int32 mapID = Int32.Parse(dataItem["Mapid"].Text.ToString());
                Int32 fTypeID = Int32.Parse(dataItem["FileTypeID"].Text.ToString());
                string Delimiter = dataItem["Delimiter"].Text.ToString();

                if (fTypeID == 1)
                    Response.Redirect("~/mapping/mapping.aspx?id=" + mapID.ToString());
                else
                    Response.Redirect("~/mapping/mappingDelimiter.aspx?id=" + mapID.ToString() + "&Del=" + Delimiter.ToString() + "&Ftype=" + fTypeID.ToString());
            }
            else
            {
                String s = "alert('This item must be set to Active before any processing is done with it!');";
                ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.Page, this.GetType(), "alert", s, true);
            }

Below, is my markup. Once again, notice the boldfaced fields:
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"
                            OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" OnUpdateCommand="RadGrid1_UpdateCommand"
                            OnInsertCommand="RadGrid1_InsertCommand" Skin="Outlook" AutoGenerateColumns="false">
                            <MasterTableView Width="100%" DataKeyNames="Mapid" AutoGenerateColumns="false" CommandItemDisplay="Top"
                                EditMode="EditForms">
                                <Columns>
                                    <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn">
                                    </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
                                 
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Multi Rec" SortExpression="IsMultiRecordType"
                                        UniqueName="IsMultiRecordType">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:CheckBox ID="chkIsMultiRecordType" runat="server" Checked='<%# Bind("IsMultiRecordType") %>' Enabled="false" />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:CheckBox ID="IsMultiRecordType" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" OnCheckedChanged="IsMultiRecordType_OnCheckedChanged"
                                                Checked='<%# NFE.Common.Classes.UIUtilities.getCheckedValue(Eval( "IsMultiRecordType" )) %>' />
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="File Type" SortExpression="fileType" UniqueName="validationType">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Label ID="lblFileType" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("fileType") %>' />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:DropDownList ID="FileTypeID" runat="server" DataSourceID="LinqFileTypeID" DataTextField="Description"
                                                AppendDataBoundItems="true" DataValueField="FileTypeID" AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="FileTypeID_SelectedIndexChanged"
                                                SelectedValue='<%# Bind("FileTypeID") %>'>
                                                <asp:ListItem Selected="True" Text="Select" Value=""></asp:ListItem>
                                            </asp:DropDownList>
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Start Position" SortExpression="RecordIndicatorStartPosition"
                                        UniqueName="RecordIndicatorStartPosition">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Label ID="lblStartPosition" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("RecordIndicatorStartPosition") %>' />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:TextBox ID="StartPosition" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("RecordIndicatorStartPosition") %>'>
                                            </asp:TextBox>
                                            <asp:RegularExpressionValidator ID="RegularExpressionValidator1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="Start Position must be numeric"
                                                ControlToValidate="StartPosition" Font-Bold="true" ValidationExpression="^[1-9]+[0-9]*$"></asp:RegularExpressionValidator>
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="End Position" SortExpression="RecordIndicatorEndPosition"
                                        UniqueName="RecordIndicatorEndPosition">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Label ID="lblEndPosition" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("RecordIndicatorEndPosition") %>' />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:TextBox ID="EndPosition" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("RecordIndicatorEndPosition") %>'>
                                            </asp:TextBox>
                                            <asp:RegularExpressionValidator ID="RegularExpressionValidator2" runat="server" ErrorMessage="End Position must be numeric"
                                                ControlToValidate="EndPosition" Font-Bold="true" ValidationExpression="^[1-9]+[0-9]*$"></asp:RegularExpressionValidator>
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Delimiter" SortExpression="Delimiter" UniqueName="Delimiter">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Label ID="lblDelimiter" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Delimiter") %>' />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:TextBox ID="Delimiter" runat="server" MaxLength="1" Text='<%# Bind("Delimiter") %>' />
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="First Rec Indicator" SortExpression="FirstRecordIndicator"
                                        UniqueName="FirstRecordIndicator">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Label ID="lblFirstRecordIndicator" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("FirstRecordIndicator") %>' />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:TextBox ID="FirstRecordIndicator" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("FirstRecordIndicator") %>' />
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Test/Prod" SortExpression="MapStatus" UniqueName="MapStatus">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Label ID="lblStatus" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("MapStatus") %>' />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:DropDownList ID="MapStatusID" runat="server" DataSourceID="LinqMapStatusID"
                                                DataTextField="Description" AppendDataBoundItems="true" DataValueField="mapStatusID"
                                                SelectedValue='<%# Bind("MapStatusID") %>'>
                                                <asp:ListItem Selected="True" Text="Select" Value=""></asp:ListItem>
                                            </asp:DropDownList>
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="IsActive" SortExpression="IsActive" UniqueName="IsActive">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:CheckBox ID="chkIsActive" runat="server" Checked='<%# Bind("IsActive") %>' Enabled="false" />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                        <EditItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:CheckBox ID="IsActive" runat="server" Checked='<%# NFE.Common.Classes.UIUtilities.getCheckedValue(Eval( "IsActive" )) %>' />
                                        </EditItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="" UniqueName="idM">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:ImageButton ID="mDetail" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/campaign.gif" OnClick="itemUp_Click"
                                                ToolTip="Detail Map" />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Mapid" HeaderText="Mapid" HtmlEncode="true" SortExpression="Mapid"
                                        UniqueName="Mapid" Visible="false" ReadOnly="true">
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="FileTypeID" HeaderText="FileTypeID" HtmlEncode="true"
                                        SortExpression="FileTypeID" UniqueName="FileTypeID" Visible="false" ReadOnly>
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                </Columns>
                            </MasterTableView>
                            <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="True"></HeaderStyle>
                            <ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="True">
                            </ClientSettings>
                        </telerik:RadGrid>

Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
6 answers
142 views
Good morning.  How do I prevent a user from clicking on the dates within RadScheduler? That is, how do I remove the clickability of the dates?  Thanks.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?