Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
254 views
I need to hide my filter row but still enable filtering in the grid so that it can be controlled from outside the grid.
I was able to hide the filter row by using this js:

function

 

GridCreated(sender, args)
{

 

 

    sender.get_masterTableView().hideFilterItem();

 

}

However, the filter row flashes for a moment while the grid is rendering. Once the grid is rendered the row disappears. This flash of the filter row is bothering.

Could you tell me how to avoid this mometary display of the filter row.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
113 views
Hi,
          I found an example in telerix examples for async upload at

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/upload/examples/async/ajaxprocessing/defaultcs.aspx

But when I used the RadAsyncUpload control as in the example, I see an edit control next to Select button. I want just a button that uploads a file as in "Choose Avatar" example in the above link. Is it something more I need to do apart from the control that is in the example?.

Thanks,
Bharani
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
222 views
hi
i use inline update
 switch (e.CommandName)
            {
                case RadGrid.UpdateCommandName:
                    {
                        GridEditableItem editedItem = (GridEditableItem)e.Item;
                        string id= editedItem.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues[editedItem.ItemIndex]["ActionID"].ToString();
                     
                        break;
                    }
......
}
how can i get new value?
thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
73 views
Hi,

I have to export selected row based on checkbox to Excel, but i didnt find any code from you site that can help me. Would you please send me demo project that have this functionality. i had tried it with OnExcelMLExportRowCreated , but unable to export.

Thanks
Satish Kumar
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
204 views
Is there a way to restrict the image upload size in the Ajax Rad Editor? 
I have tried using,  <DocumentManager MaxUploadFileSize="50000" />, to limit it to 50k or less. 
But when clicking on the upload link in the image manager, i still see the text that says 
Max file size allowed: 200.00 KB.
Thanks!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
78 views
Hi
I have a hierarchy build of two tables:
- Customer    [CustomerID] [Name]
  - Order        [OrderID] [CustomerID] [Index] [Description]

I only want to show the Customer rows, but they should include a column showing the [Description] of the Order with [Index]==4.

This should be done by the Grid. I don't want to do it via specialized SQL which deforms my Customer entity. I still want to be able to use CRUD without any magic.

Cheers

Bernd
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
108 views
I've seen a couple postings here with people trying to get nice dynamic chart updates:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/chart/real-time-and-auto-refresh-chart.aspx
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/chart/chart-blinks-on-ajax-refresh.aspx

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to dynamically update a RadChart entirely with Javascript on the client, without polling to the server. This would involve doing something like this:

function addPoint(data) {
  var chart = $find("<%=RadChart1.ClientID%>");
  chart.get_series(1).add(data);
}

A server-side push mechanism can then be used, where the client callback executes that function.  To make the chart appear to move through realtime the function can remove the first item in the series before adding the new data to the back-end.

I think the answer to this is might be that all of the rendering for RadChart is done on the server, with an image rendered to the client.  If that's the case - uhhhh, never mind.  :)   Seriously, maybe there is a way to manage this...?

Thanks!

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
127 views
I spent about an hour searching for a simple answer to this question - forgive me if i'm posting a repeat thread...

Is there any simple way to hide the first few folders in the address bar?

For example, say i have the following:
/Root/Files/Organization1/

Is there any way to have it simply display:
/Organization1/

One solution would be to map each organization folder to a virtual directory separately, but because of the fact that these are all dynamic, i don't see that as a reasonable solution.

It would appear that another course of action might be to create a mapping system like the PhysicalpathFilesystemProvider example.  But it seems like this is overkill for such a simple requirement. 

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks.
-RP
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
111 views
Radgridtemplate Column Header template Control find when buttonn click.I attached screenshot..

with Regrds,
S.Kannadasan
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
124 views
I have a rad menu control on a page and when you scroll the page the radmenu stays in the same position it does not scroll. I am not using a fixed position anywhere in my css.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?