Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
467 views
I want change the scroll height from clientside. I have seen your examples But my scenario is is different. I have radgrid on popup window with addnotes tab. By defalut grid scroll height is 220px. when i click addnote button i want decrease the scrollheight size to 120px. How to do it. I tried your code but i am getting error like "Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'GridDataDiv' is null or not an object".  (Please see Images)  Here is my code....

<div id="div1" style="width: 100%; overflow: auto; overflow-x: hidden">
    <table class="customFont" width="98.5%">
        <tr id="tr1" runat="server">
            <td align="right">
                <asp:Button Text="Add Note" runat="server" ID="Button1" OnClientClick="return showAddNotes()" />
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr style="display: none; position: relative" id="tr2">
            <td>
                <table style="background-color: #F5F5E9" cellspacing="2">
                    <tr>
                        <td align="left" style="width: 70px;">
                            Note Type
                        </td>
                        <td align="left" style="width: 82px; height: 24px;">
                            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" EmptyMessage="Please select" runat="server"
                                MarkFirstMatch="True" CollapseDelay="0" Width="115px" DropDownWidth="100px" AllowCustomText="True">
                                <CollapseAnimation Duration="0" />
                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator InitialValue="" ValidationGroup="Notes" ID="RequiredFieldValidator1"
                                runat="server" ControlToValidate="ddlNoteType" ClientValidationFunction="ddlNt"
                                Display="None" ErrorMessage="Please select Note Type."></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                            <cc2:ValidatorCalloutExtender ID="ValidatorCalloutExtender1" TargetControlID="custValCou"
                                runat="server" Enabled="True">
                            </cc2:ValidatorCalloutExtender>
                        </td>
                        <td>
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td align="left" valign="middle" style="width: 70px;">
                            Notes
                        </td>
                        <td align="left">
                            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Rows="3" Width="570px"></asp:TextBox>
                            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator2" ValidationGroup="Notes"
                                ControlToValidate="txtNoteDesc" Display="None" runat="server" ErrorMessage="Please enter Notes."></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                            <cc2:ValidatorCalloutExtender ID="ValidatorCalloutExtender2" TargetControlID="valCliID"
                                runat="server">
                            </cc2:ValidatorCalloutExtender>
                               
                        </td>
                        <td valign="top">
                            <div style="padding-bottom: 4px;">
                                <asp:Button ID="Button2" Width="60px" OnClick="btnAddNote_Click" ValidationGroup="Notes"
                                    runat="server" Text="Add" /></div>
                            <asp:Button ID="Button3" Width="60px" runat="server" OnClientClick="return  hideAddNotes()"
                                Text="Cancel" />
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>
                  
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>
                <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" GridLines="None" AllowSorting="false" Width="100%"
                    runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" ShowFooter="false" ShowGroupPanel="false"
                    ShowStatusBar="false" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"
                    ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" Font-Size="7.5pt" BorderColor="White" BorderWidth="0"
                    BorderStyle="None">
                    <HeaderStyle BackColor="#004000" ForeColor="White" Font-Size="7.5pt" Font-Bold="True"
                        HorizontalAlign="Left" BorderColor="White" />
                    <ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />
                    <AlternatingItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />
                    <AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#F5F5E9" />
                    <MasterTableView>
                        <Columns>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="#" DataField="rowNum" HeaderStyle-Width="12px"
                                ItemStyle-Width="12px">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn ReadOnly="true" HeaderStyle-Width="413px" ItemStyle-Width="413px"
                                UniqueName="Notes" HeaderText="Notes" DataField="Notes">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Type Description" HeaderStyle-Width="57px" ItemStyle-Width="57px"
                                HeaderText="Note Type" DataField="Type Description" ReadOnly="true">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Created By">
                                <ItemTemplate>
                                    <asp:Label ID="lblCreatedBy" runat="server" Width="78px" Text='<%# Bind("CreatedBy") %>'></asp:Label>
                                </ItemTemplate>
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="CreationDate" HeaderText="Created Date" DataField="CreationDate"
                                ReadOnly="true">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                        </Columns>
                        <NoRecordsTemplate>
                            No notes are avaliable</NoRecordsTemplate>
                    </MasterTableView>
                    <ClientSettings>
                        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" ScrollHeight="220px" SaveScrollPosition="True">
                        </Scrolling>
                    </ClientSettings>
                </telerik:RadGrid>
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</div>


function showAddNotes(sender, args) {
            document.getElementById('trAddNewNotes').style.display = "block";
            document.getElementById('ctl00_PagePlaceholder_winBlkTskAssign_C_tabTskAssign_TabNotes_trNotes').style.display = "none";
            var scrollArea = sender.GridDataDiv;
            var parent = $get("div1");
            var gridHeader = sender.GridHeaderDiv;
            scrollArea.style.height = "120px";
            return false;
        }
Babu Puchakayala
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
182 views
I know this may be an odd request, but is there anyway I can download a copy of the of the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2009 SP1 installer?  I'm working on Sitefinity 3.7.2022.2 and need some skins for the rad controls, so I actually just need the skins if I could get those.  The newer skins I have don't seem work quite right.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.  I'm running VS 2010.
Shivers999
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
119 views
I have a left-aligned horizontal Radtabstrip.  I would like to put buttons and/or hyperlinks in the free space on the right side of the tabs.

It is the same as the 'Instructions' button with the tabs on the following page under the 'Example Source Code & Description' section:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tabstrip/examples/applicationscenarios/loadondemand/defaultcs.aspx



Any help would be appreciated.
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
17 answers
326 views
Hi!

I've spent hours with this problem, and I'm going insane.

I've seen all documentation regarding the use of custom skins with Rad controls. Fine.
I've tried to use a custom skin (based on a default, WebBlue) within the TabStrip control and It WORKS awesomelly!
It is very easy and fast to deploy; thank you guys!

(That's not the insane part.)

However, I try the EXACT SAME THING with the Window control and it doesn't work at all! The window pops up without any CSS, just the functionality! Default and direct skin use works (of course).

The really strange part is that other controls' custom skins work, as I said, so the steps taken are correct!

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance!
Adam Toth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
3 answers
352 views
HI team,

I have a requirement in my application that, I have to perform an action based on the users response(serverside). So I have used radwindow for the same. Based on the response(ok/cancel) respective serverside events are fired. After this operation when i click on any comboboxes it loses its css style (Gets changed to transparent). Radgrids in the page also faces the same issue. please find the follwing code snippets I have used to open and close the radwindow from server side.

Open radwindow :

Telerik.Web.UI.

RadWindow window = radWindowManager.Windows[0];

 

window.VisibleOnPageLoad =

true;

 


Close radwindow :

Telerik.Web.UI.

RadWindow window = radWindowManager.Windows[0];

 

window.VisibleOnPageLoad =

false;

 

window.Dispose();


radwindow in aspx page :

 

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="radWindowManager" runat="server">

 

 

<Windows>

 

 

<telerik:RadWindow ID="radWindowConfirm" runat="server" VisibleOnPageLoad="false"

 

 

Skin="Vista" Title="Error(s)" Behaviors="Close,Move" Modal="true" Height="200px">

 

 

<ContentTemplate>

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblDuplicate" runat="server" ForeColor="Red" Text="<%$ Resources:ValidationMessages, DuplicateEntry %>" />

 

 

<asp:Button ID="btnConfirmOk" Text="OK" runat="server" OnClick="btnRadConfirm_Click"

 

 

Visible="false" />

 

 

<asp:Button ID="btnConfirmCancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server" OnClick="btnRadNotConfirm_Click"

 

 

Visible="false" />

 

 

</ContentTemplate>

 

 

</telerik:RadWindow>

 

 

</Windows>

 

 

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

 


Please find the attached screen shots of both scenarios. Please let me help in this issue.

Regards,
Chandrababu.
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
3 answers
82 views
I have a page with a RadAjaxUpdatePanel that may or may not show a RadListView control depending on what the user selects. The radlistview is on the page, but initially is Visible=false.

This scenario will result in a javascript error Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException in the asp.net ajax framework.

Do you know of a workaround for this control?
Adam Toth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
8 answers
368 views
Hello,

When I add programatically radchart control and see the chart control on given page. I had found this error:

"The target 'Control 1#RadChart1' for the callback could not be found or did not implement ICallbackEventHandler"

So, please let me know what's the issue.

Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
15 answers
231 views
I have a grid that resizes the column width after the page is rendered so there is a gray area (blank space) to the right of the last column.
It is wrapping the columns data. 
I would like the column width to fill in the grid width. its fine if it still wraps but I would like to get rid of the gray area. I do not see any column width settings?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
4 answers
154 views
Hi,

We build a web application with only the Telerik controls!
For the moment we manage the skin via the web.config.
So all controls in the pages are without skin attribute.
Now we want to have different skins who are loaded when a customer is logged in the application.

I make a new skin with the Style Builder ( very nice tool ;-)  )
I upload this new skin in my project like an App_Themes.

I put in my webconfig the following code:

<

 

add key="Telerik.EnableEmbeddedSkins" value="false" />

 

<

 

add key="Telerik.EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet" value="false" />

 

<

 

add key="Telerik.Skin" value="MySkin" />

I punt also on the page the theme MySkin.

I can see that all css are loaded but the controls are rendered without style.

I don't know if this approche is the best way for what i want to do.
Also set the information in the web.config is not a solution because the skin is different by customer (I would like to put this in the cs of the master page).

I found a lot of informations, documentations, video etc ... but nothing is very clear for my problem.
I try also differents approche but nothing work.

I'm using the telerik control version 2009.3.1103.20
Is it a problem for the style builder? do i need to migrate to the laste version of telerik?

Could you please help me with this.

In advance thanks,

Edwin.

 

Yves
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
68 views
Hello Sir,

How to set RadSlidingPane property DockOnOpen=false through client side event OnClientUndocked;

Please Help Me.

Thanks
Chandan Kumar
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?