Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
161 views
Hi,

How can I set an Empty Text when the RadCombo is loaded?

In the attached code, after the binding, The item "Mark" is automatically highlighted (but not selected, as I want).
My goal is to have, after the binding, no selected elements and an empty Text in the combobox.
The dropdown has to stay "read-only" (user cannot input text)

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server">
</telerik:RadScriptManager>
<telerik:RadComboBox DataValueField="ID" EnableTextSelection="false"
    Skin="Default" DataTextField="Name" ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" >
<ItemTemplate>
    <asp:CheckBox runat="server" ID="chk1"/>
    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="Label1" AssociatedControlID="chk1" Text='<%# Eval("Name") %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadComboBox>
 
 
</form>
using System;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.MobileControls;
using RadControlsWebApp1;
using System.Collections.Generic;
 
public partial class Default : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        List<Item> items = new List<Item>();
        items.Add(new Item() { Id = 1, Name = "Mark" });
        items.Add(new Item() { Id = 2, Name = "Jon" });
        items.Add(new Item() { Id = 3, Name = "Frank" });
 
        //RadGrid1.DataSource = items;
        if (!IsPostBack)
        {
            RadComboBox1.DataSource = items;
            RadComboBox1.DataBind();
        }
    }
 
}


How can I achieve this?

thanks.

Leo

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
2 answers
161 views
Hi 


I'm trying to get access to the RadDatePicker and RadTimePicker from client-side code. I've read that I should use $find() function, which is shortcut for $findComponent(), in Sys.Application.  But I can't find it, to get/set date!  

Could you tell me what's the problem plese?  Can  jquery cause this problem?
John John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
83 views
I'm getting the SessionPageStatePersister in design view on a radComboBox that's in a radGrid which is in a radPageView.
   radMultiPage>radPageView>radGrid>radComboBox

I have no problems with the SessionPageStatePersister if the radComboBox is outside the radMultiPage.

It's just design view, so it's not the end of the world (just annoying trying to format).

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
369 views
Hi,
I have a requirement in RadGrid.
I have a grid assume there are 2 pages in it. When im on the first page , then Go to first Page and prev buttons has to be disabled.
When im on the last page then go to next page and go to last page buttons has to be disabled.
Is there any provisions in telerik radgrid for that?

Regards,
Krishnan
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
4 answers
109 views
Hi

our users are complaining about the height of the RadEditor in Annoucment Lists. I have reviewed our configuration and looked at the HTML markup rendered by RadEditor and I was suprised to see that the height is not 400px as defined in the config.xml files (which seems to be the default value anyway). The height is acutally 210px for a OOTB Announcement List.

I started investigating and I looked at the RadTextfield class and there is a if condition which checks for the NumberOfLines property of the multiline field and if more than 6 lines are defined the height gets somehow calculated...

if (this.baseField.NumberOfLines > 6)
{
    this.Height = (this.baseField.NumberOfLines * this.FontSizeCoef) * 2;
}

Using the default value of 6 lines resuls in a regular sized editor based on the config values (e.g. 400px). Using a higher number results in some calculation which will (at least in our configuraiton) render much to small editor windows.
I don't want to tell our editor to replace the Annoucement List line number to 6 after creating a new list as a workaround. Is it possible to change this behavior? Is it possible to configure the FontSizeCoef property?
I attached a screenshot as reference.

Version: 7.5.2.0 / 2010.1.415.20

thanks
regards
göran
Göran Tänzer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
0 answers
96 views
Hi,

we are Creating bar chart and that are coming very well. This we are generating dynamically. Please see the attached Image.

now my problem is I want to set the width for bars. For example I have giving width for my chart is 500. and when I add 2 Items then it shows 2 bars in whole 500 width.

When I add 10 Items then it shows 10 bars in same 500 width.

now I want to set the width for bar so I can fix the bar width and it will show from left to right . so when I add only 2 Items then it comes from left and will have empty space in right side. It will not take whole space (500) in chart.

Please see the attached Image for my current graph.

Regards
Reetesh
Reetesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 Sep 2010
3 answers
262 views

Hi,

I need to display categories list in radcombobox from the database

It shoud display in the below manner

      ->   Items
              -> category
                   -> subcategory
                   -> subcategory
                   -> subcategory
            ->category
                  -> subcategory
                 -> subcategory
                 -> subcategory

Please help me

Need urgent reply

Regards,
Prathap


               
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
337 views
Hello,
following is my aspx page code:

<

 

telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="PushButton" UniqueName="ButtonColumn" ConfirmDialogType ="RadWindow" CommandName="Undo" ButtonCssClass ="button" ConfirmText ="Do you really want to Undo the batch?" ConfirmTitle="Confirmation" Text ="Undo" >

 

 

<HeaderStyle Width="2px"/>

 

 

</telerik:GridButtonColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="PushButton" UniqueName="ButtonColumn2" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" CommandName="Finalize" ButtonCssClass="button" ConfirmText="Do you really want to Finalize the batch?" ConfirmTitle="Confirmation" Text="Finalize" >

 

 

<HeaderStyle Width="3px" />
I am using gridbuttoncolumn for confirmation dilaog box but when box is appeared it is to big.How can I set height of the confirmation box?
Thanks so lot for your help

 

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
123 views
Hi guys

I am following "Creating A Custom Skin" item in the tutorial for the panelbar.

When I open the css file for the default skin with a view to modifying it to match the target website 
I found the Q2 2010 version is completely diffferent from the example shown in the tutorial.

Is there an updated version of the tutorial that reflects the new css format? The example shown produces the result I want
(but changing the green to blue).

Thanks

Clive
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
4 answers
117 views
Hi,
I have the following control-structure:

<master>
    <radscriptmanager />
    <radajaxmanager />
    <page>
        <radajaxmanagerproxy />
        <tabs_usercontrol>
            <radajaxmanagerproxy />
            <radtabstrip />
            <radmultipage>
                <page_usercontrol1>                    
                    <button />
                </page_usercontrol1>
                <page_usercontrol2>                    
                    <button />
                </page_usercontrol2>
                <page_usercontrol3>
                    <radajaxmanagerproxy>
                        <ajaxsettings />
                    </radajaxmanagerproxy>
                    <radtextbox />
                    <button />
                </page_usercontrol3>
                <page_usercontrol4>                    
                    <button />
                </page_usercontrol4>
            </radmultipage>
        </tabs_usercontrol>
    </page>
</master>

Everything works as expected, with ajax postbacks and updates in page_usercontrol3 being correctly handled.

Niow, I want to add a radajaxmanagerproxy and ajaxsettings to the other page_usercontrols.  But, when I add the proxy and settings to any of the other controls to handle the button click, I get a client-side ajax error that says:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UpdatePanel with ID 'ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_tabs1_MyContent_txtMyInputPanel'. If it is being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel.

This error seems to be pointing to a field on the page_usercontrol3 control, which works perfectly well on it's own, but something goes wrong when handing postbacks on the other multipage contents.

Can you please give me a steer as to what is going on here?

I am not using the loadondemand style multipages.  If I do, I get the same problem but worse, as it happens no matter which tab I go to.

Thanks.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?