Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
96 views
Hi Team,

I need to reduce the width of the appointment in the day view.
If the there is only one appointment in the specific day means, the width was too high(as shown in the figure below), but when there is  two or three appointment, it fixes in the day-view precisely.
Like that, i need to control the width of the appointment in the day-view while i'm having single appointment on the particular day.
I've attached the image.


Thanks,
Daniel.B
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
3 answers
208 views
Hi there

I have a page with a radcombobox and a placeholder. When a new value is selected from the radcombobox a stored procedure runs which returns multiple result sets based on the selected value. For each one of the result sets which contains at least one row, I need to build a dynamic radgrid. The first set of radgrids always display fine, but sometimes when I select a new value I get an "index was out of range error". I've read some articles that say I need to create dynamic radgrids in OnInit, but I can't get the radcombobox selectedindex in there (at least I can't seem to - maybe someone might have an idea on this). Hopefully someone will have come across this issue and be able to assist me.

Thanks

Here's my aspx code:

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="LabsDDL" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" DataSourceID="dsLabs"
    DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="DataSourceID" Width="250px" Height="150px"
    Skin="Outlook">
</telerik:RadComboBox>
</br></br>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="PlaceHolder1" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
    </ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>


Here's my vb code:

Protected Sub LabsDDL_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal o As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs) Handles LabsDDL.SelectedIndexChanged
    BuildGrids(LabsDDL.SelectedItem.Value)
End Sub
Protected Overrides Sub OnInit(ByVal e As EventArgs)
    PlaceHolder1.Controls.Clear()
End Sub
Protected Sub BuildGrids(ByVal LabID As Integer)
    Dim conn As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("StagingConnectionString").ConnectionString)
    Dim cmd As New SqlCommand()
    cmd.Connection = conn
    cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
    cmd.CommandText = "spLookupChecksNew"
    'Create and add a parameter to Parameters collection for the stored procedure.
    cmd.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Lab", SqlDbType.Int))
    'Assign the search value to the parameter.
    cmd.Parameters("@Lab").Value = LabID
    Dim da As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter(cmd)
    Dim ds As New DataSet()
    ds.Clear()
    ds.Tables.Clear()
    da.Fill(ds)
    Dim i As Integer
    i = 0
    'This will fill dataset with three tables.
    For Each DataTable In ds.Tables
        If ds.Tables(i).Rows.Count > 0 Then
            Dim myConn As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("StagingConnectionString").ConnectionString)
            myConn.Open()
            Dim CheckID As Integer
            Dim CheckName As String
            Dim CheckType As Integer
            Dim ColumnName As String
            Dim AssociatedTable As String
            Dim ParmDefinition As String
            CheckID = CInt(ds.Tables(i).Rows(0)(0))
            Dim cmdOptions As New SqlCommand("spGetCheckOptions", myConn)
            cmdOptions.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
            cmdOptions.Parameters.AddWithValue("@CheckID", CheckID.ToString)
            Dim reader As SqlDataReader = cmdOptions.ExecuteReader()
            While reader.Read
                If (IsDBNull(reader(0))) Then
                    CheckName = ""
                Else
                    CheckName = reader(0).ToString()
                End If
                If (IsDBNull(reader(1))) Then
                    CheckType = 0
                Else
                    CheckType = reader(1)
                End If
                If (IsDBNull(reader(2))) Then
                    ColumnName = ""
                Else
                    ColumnName = reader(2).ToString()
                End If
                If (IsDBNull(reader(3))) Then
                    AssociatedTable = ""
                Else
                    AssociatedTable = reader(3).ToString()
                End If
                If (IsDBNull(reader(5))) Then
                    ParmDefinition = ""
                Else
                    ParmDefinition = reader(5).ToString()
                End If
            End While
            reader.Close()
            cmdOptions.Dispose()
            myConn.Close()
            myConn.Dispose()
            Dim myGridView As New RadGrid
            myGridView = New RadGrid()
            Dim lblMessage As New Literal
            Try
                Dim ltrTableStart As New Literal
                ltrTableStart.Text = "<table><tr><td>"
                Dim ltrTableEnd As New Literal
                ltrTableEnd.Text = "</tr></td></table>"
                Dim literalheader As New Literal
                literalheader.Text = "<div class='AutoShrink'><h5>" & CheckName & "</h5>"
                Dim literalfooter As New Literal
                literalfooter.Text = "</div>"
                myGridView.EnableViewState = False
                myGridView.DataSource = ds.Tables(i)
                Select Case CheckType
                    Case 1
                        Dim templateColumnName As String = ColumnName
                        Dim templateColumn As New GridTemplateColumn()
                        templateColumn.ItemTemplate = New MyTemplate(templateColumnName, LabsDDL.SelectedValue)
                        templateColumn.HeaderText = "Map value" 'templateColumnName
                        templateColumn.ItemStyle.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
                        templateColumn.ItemStyle.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
                        myGridView.Columns.Add(templateColumn)
                End Select
                Dim viewColumnName As String = ColumnName
                Dim viewColumn As New GridTemplateColumn()
                viewColumn.ItemTemplate = New ViewTemplate(viewColumnName, LabsDDL.SelectedValue, ParmDefinition)
                viewColumn.HeaderText = "View Records" 'viewColumnName
                viewColumn.ItemStyle.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
                viewColumn.ItemStyle.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
                myGridView.Columns.Add(viewColumn)
                myGridView.ID = "rgErrors" & i.ToString
                myGridView.Skin = "Outlook"
                myGridView.CssClass = "AutoShrink"
                myGridView.MasterTableView.TableLayout = GridTableLayout.Auto
                myGridView.MasterTableView.CssClass = "AutoShrink"
                myGridView.ClientSettings.Resizing.ClipCellContentOnResize = True
                myGridView.DataBind()
                PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(ltrTableStart)
                PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(literalheader)
                PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myGridView)
                PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(literalfooter)
                PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(ltrTableEnd)
                myConn.Close()
                myConn.Dispose()
                myGridView.MasterTableView.Dispose()
                myGridView.Dispose()
            Catch ex As Exception
                lblMessage.Text = "<h5 style=""color: red"">Error building grid: " & CheckName & " (MESSAGE:" & ex.Message.ToString & ")</h5>"
                PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(lblMessage)
            End Try
        End If
        i = i + 1
    Next
    cmd.Dispose()
    conn.Close()
    conn.Dispose()
End Sub

This is the stack trace:
[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]
   System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) +7485640
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection.System.Web.UI.IStateManager.SaveViewState() +215
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.GetStructureState() +257
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.SaveTableViewStructure(ArrayList stateList, GridTableView tableView) +81
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.SaveViewState() +128
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +187
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +106
   System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +168
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1099

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
1 answer
485 views
Hi Guys,

I want to be able to hide a column in my table using CSS display:none but the option below does not see to wan to work. I have also tried ClassName="cssProvince". Is there something specific I should be doing?

<telerik:GridBoundColumn class="cssProvince" DataField="Province" HeaderText="Province" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="Province" UniqueName="Province">

Thanks
James
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
3 answers
61 views
Hi Telerik Team,

We have implemented the Telerik Grid control and the grid works fine with fewer number of columns. But we have more number of columns (approx.20) and it is necessary to freeze the first 3 columns not to loose the context of the row data. So could you clarify the following please,
Is the FrozenColumn property of Grid control combined with the following features will be supported
  1. column re-sizing
  2. column re-ordering
  3. column sorting
  4. Auto-fill functionality similar to Google suggest for names for a particular column. Suppose if the frozen column has this feature then the dropdown kind of UI is not visible as it is being hidden by the frozen UI.

We are facing difficulties in implementing above combination of functionalities for Grid control. Your reply and any hot fix will be really useful and highly appreciatable. Looking for your response.

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
7 answers
242 views
Hi.
I have a grid with one combobox and some numerice columns. In edit/insert mode it is not possible to choose any value from the combobox, the combobox is locked and i can not cancel either. (I have to reload the page to get out of the edit/insert mode.) I am using EnableAutomaticLoadOnDemand = true and fill up the combobox in the ItemDataBound events. The code i am using is:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid2" runat="server" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" AllowAutomaticInserts="True" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True"
      AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="True" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" DataSourceID="LinqDataSource1"
      GridLines="None" ondatabound="RadGrid1_DataBound" onitemdatabound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound"
      onitemdeleted="RadGrid1_ItemDeleted" oniteminserted="RadGrid1_ItemInserted" onitemupdated="RadGrid1_ItemUpdated">
      <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" CommandItemDisplay="Top" DataSourceID="LinqDataSource1" DataKeyNames="Id">
      <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to Pdf"></CommandItemSettings>
      <Columns>
          <telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="Id" HeaderText="Gruppe" SortExpression="Id" UniqueName="Id" AutoPostBackOnFilter="True" ShowFilterIcon="false">
              <FooterTemplate>Template footer</FooterTemplate><FooterStyle VerticalAlign="Middle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
              <ItemTemplate><%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Id")%></ItemTemplate>
              <EditItemTemplate>
              <telerik:RadComboBox DataTextField="Id" DataValueField="Id" ID="RadComboBox1" HighlightTemplatedItems="true" EmptyMessage="Velg et element..." AllowCustomText="true"
                          runat="server" Height="100px" Width="95px" SelectedValue='<%#Bind("Id") %>' AutoPostBack="true" EnableAutomaticLoadOnDemand="True"></telerik:RadComboBox>           
              </EditItemTemplate>
          </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>    
          <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="FEE" DataType="System.Double" HeaderText="Avgift" SortExpression="FEE" UniqueName="FEE">
          </telerik:GridNumericColumn>       
          <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="PBE" DataType="System.Double" HeaderText="PBE" SortExpression="PBE" UniqueName="PBE">
          </telerik:GridNumericColumn>               
          <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn CancelText="Avbryt" EditText="Endre" InsertText="Sett inn" UpdateText="Oppdater">
          </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
          <telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" Text="Slett" UniqueName="column1">
          </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
  </Columns>
  </MasterTableView>
  </telerik:RadGrid>
   
  <asp:LinqDataSource ID="LinqDataSource2" runat="server"
      OnInserting="GridDataSource_Inserting" ContextTypeName="Mobitech.Mtbs2InfoEasy.linq.Mtbs2InfoEasy_DataClassesDataContext"
      TableName="Groups" OrderBy="Id"
      Select="new (Id, FEE, PBE)">
  </asp:LinqDataSource>
protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
   if (e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted && e.Item is GridDataInsertItem)
   {               
         FillComboBoxWithClassCodes(e, "RadComboBox1");
         SetColumnWidthInInsertMode(e);                   
   }
   else if (!(e.Item is GridDataInsertItem) && e.Item.IsInEditMode)
   {
          FillComboBoxWithClassCodes(e, "RadComboBox1");
          SetColumnWidthInEditMode(e);
          SetFocusOnField(e, "PBE");
   }
}
 
private void FillComboBoxWithClassCodes(GridItemEventArgs e, string comboBoxName)
{
            var editItem = (GridDataItem) e.Item;
            if (editItem == null)
                return;
 
            var comboBox = (RadComboBox) editItem.FindControl(comboBoxName);
            comboBox.Items.Clear();
            
                                var classCodes = new List<string>();
                               for (int i = 1; i < 10; i++)
                              {
                                       classCodes.Add("B0" + i);
                              }
 
 
            foreach (var classCode in classCodes)
            {
                var item = new RadComboBoxItem();
                item.Text = classCode;
                item.Value = classCode;
                comboBox.Items.Add(item);
            }
 
            comboBox.DataBind();
}

I have used equivalent code in another project without problem with loading the combobox. So i don't understand why it is not working. Some have any idea what i am doing wrong?



Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
3 answers
151 views
Hi All,

I am using the Grid and everything works except when the combination of Filtering and Edit is invoked.
Scenario:

I have a grid view where I have filtered a column using the "Contains" field.
With the items in the grid filtered, I click on the edit button which is a "GridEditCommandColumn"

The Edit Popup seems to reference the index of the grid and not the item I have clicked on. Therefore, when clicking the third item of this filtered grid, it results in opening the popup for the third item in the original datasource. Also once clicked on, the grid refreshes and the filters doesn't seem to come into play.

Tim

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
1 answer
135 views
Hello,

I have a problem with Treeview updating its counter on left handside.Below are the details:

1) Treeview consists of some Products and has counter on left handside updating clients e.g Product 1 (Clients: 4) and the tree    structure continues with nodes.

2) On the right side of the screen there is button when clicked, opens a Pop-up and enter details of clients and their usage, once the pop-up is closed , I want to achieve 2 things :
        a)  The Treeview should update the Counter for Clients like  Product 1 (Clients: 4) to Product 1 (Clients: 5)
       
b) The above node should be higlighted and Selected same as previuosly selected before opening a pop up.

3) I tried to Refresh the treeview after closing popup it definately updates but i am losing the selected node, and the client everytime after inserting the product has to come back seraching for the previous node.

For info i am using I call a function to Databind the Treeview on Pageload.

Any Solution will be appreciated.

Regards
Sudhakar
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
2 answers
747 views
hi
i wany to change color when mouse over
thanks for your help
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
1 answer
43 views

Can any one sugest me a way by which i can search the rad grid having isbn10 no as a filtered column, in which the user can enter a search term with "-" or without "-" but my column isbn10 which i am showing can be in hyphenate or non hyphenated, both the search term with or with hyphen should filter out my grid.

thanks in advance.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
3 answers
202 views
Hi ,

I am working on RadGrid and I need to get a alert on GridHyperLinkColumn click in the radgrid just as I get by using GridEditCommandColumn while editing the record if the user is not authorised to edit the data.Otherwise how can I give the Command Name for the GridHyperLinkColumn so that i can handle it in the codebehind.

Thanks,
h@r!.

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?