Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
124 views
Hi Telerik team,

In our application, we want to force users to fill the tooltips in the Image manager and link manager. The link manager is pretty straightforward I just changed the code in the LinkManager.axcx ( see following )

_insertClickHandler:

function(e)

 

{

 

    var modifiedLink = this.getModifiedLink();

 

 

 

    if (modifiedLink.title != "") {

 

 

        var args = new Telerik.Web.UI.EditorCommandEventArgs("LinkManager", null, modifiedLink);

 

 

        //backwards compatibility

 

        args.realLink = modifiedLink;

 

        Telerik.Web.UI.Dialogs.CommonDialogScript.get_windowReference().close(args);

    }
    //added codes here
   

 else {

 

        alert(

'please fill the Tooltip field');

 

        $telerik.cancelRawEvent(e);

    }

},

But in the ImageManager.axcx, I cannot find the same method. I checked the code and I found the SetImageProperties.axcx have the same method but the method is not added to the insert button event handler.

Please help me out here.

Thanks

lan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
3 answers
228 views
Hello,

I have a RadGrid with a MasterTableView and one GridTableView defined within the DetailTables section.  The ClientSettings is set under the RadGrid.

When the parent record is expanded to show the DetailTable, the scroll bar is locked at the parent level.  How can the scroll bar cover the entire grid (both parent and child) with a single scroll bar (not the parent scroll bar and one per child record)?

Thanks 
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
5 answers
125 views
Hi,

In a model popup, in FireFox, the link manager dialog pops *under* the existing modal popup.  I'm sure it's a z-indexing issue, but I've tried several and none are working.

I will need a solution for the InsertLink dialog as well.

What do I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks!
Rich
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
5 answers
149 views

I want to be able to set the MaxFileSize and not have to worry about the "maxAllowedContentLength" being smaller and therefore erroring.

Our product currently uses a different third party upload control. Since purchasing telerik controls we have gone ahead and begun replacing them. However, their controls seems to manage uploads differently because it is capable of uploading files larger than the default "maxAllowedContentLength". This is functionality we desire
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
2 answers
247 views
What is the easiest way to disable child item clicks?

BR,
Marc
Fit2Page
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
6 answers
390 views
Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

<telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" 
    NavigateUrl="https://site.com/app/default.asp?M=2-3&u=<%= uUser_id%>" 
    Text="Event Application"> 
</telerik:RadPanelItem>
  
Trying to pass the current user ID but I pass: 
  
instead of: 
  
Any ideas?
  
ASP programer learning ASPX 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
1 answer
188 views
In the most recent IE9 Beta with 2010 Q1, the TreeView node expansion appears to not work, as you are not allowed to click the "plus" sign to expand the node.  It seems that the browser is not detecting it is a clickable area.  If you toggle into compatibility mode, the TreeView control works as expected.  Is this a known issue; can anyone else using the latest IE9 Beta confirm this issue?

I have the issue both on my own site I'm working on as well as on all the Telerik demo sites.  None of these work: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/treeview/examples/programming/loadondemandmodes/defaultcs.aspx


Jacob
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
1 answer
117 views
Hi

I have several dynamically created dock windows and I want to add a hyperlinks into the titlebar. I've been trying to implent and itemplate class but not getting on that well..

As it stands heres what I have which does not seem to display anything in the titlebar
.....
Private
Function CreateRadDock(ByVal ItemType As Integer, ByVal itemid As Integer, ByVal DashItemId As Integer, ByVal row As Integer, ByVal title As String) As Telerik.Web.UI.RadDock
        Dim Placeholder As New PlaceHolder
        Dim dock As New RadDock()
        dock.DockMode = DockMode.Docked
        dock.ID = DashItemId.ToString
        dock.Title = title
        dock.Width = Unit.Percentage(100)
        dock.Height = Unit.Pixel(335)
        dock.AutoPostBack = True
        Dim titleBarTemplate = New DockTitleTemplate

..... etc

Do I need to call and add method to add the title bar template here?
Class DockTitleTemplate
    Implements ITemplate
    Public Sub InstantiateIn(ByVal container As Control) Implements ITemplate.InstantiateIn
        Dim link1 As New HyperLink()
        link1.ID = "link1"
        link1.Text = "my linke text"
        link1.NavigateUrl = "#"
        container.Controls.Add(link1)
    End Sub
End Class


Currently this appears to do nothing and does not show my hyperlink in the titlebar. Your help or links to examples would be great. - Thanks..

Johnathan
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
3 answers
141 views
I am using a window manager to create an MDI - the functionality is quite standard:
1. On initial page load begin with 2 windows.
2. Populate a treeview with more options (windows) for them to show.
3. Allow them to close out the windows they have already opened
4. When done persist all changes in the database (windows, locations, dimensions, etc)

Basically, a dashboard.  I have most of it working, but I am running into a challenge because it appears when the windows are initially created (server side) they go out with an ID I assign to them.  Upon postbacks it appears they lose the ID assigned, and use "ctlxx" (where xx is a sequential number).  In order to synch the state between the client and server I need to know which windows they closed / changed so I can remove them from the window manager.  This part is important because I want to be able to save the dashboard and allow them to reload it as-is in the future - if they are just adding / resizing windows it works; it's when they remove them I have problems.  Things tried:

1. EnableViewState enabled / disabled on both the window and manager.  Tried different combinations.
2. PreserveClientState for the manager is set to true.

Has anyone attempted this?  I am so close...  does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
John


Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
5 answers
228 views
Hello,

I wanted to use a RadWindow and so I followed the tutorial posted here:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/window_gettingstarted.html

But I already had a project so I tried to use that one, and I wanted my RadWindowManager and the windows to be in a ascx file.
I'm createing a control that has a simple dropdown and some button and when one of the buttons are pressed a popup is supposed to show where the user can put in some data. BUT I can't get the RadWindowManager to work in this ascx.

To test this component I have a default.aspx where I put it just to test things out, and when I moved the RadWindoManger to that page then it worked right away, but that is not the way I want it. I want my component to be complete so to say, I want to just drag in this component into another project and then it will have the dropdown, the buttons and also the fuctionality to open up radwindows.

Does it have something todo that the ascx isn't telerikcompatible?
I have a RadScriptManager on my default.aspx but I can't add another to the ascx, and it shouldn't need one either as I understand.

Any help would be very helpful.
Thank you in advance!
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?