Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
154 views

I want to bind a RadGrid to a web service without using Linq. In all examples I can find, the web service has to return a List(Of MyObject); I've tried this, and it works great. However, the table I'm binding to may at runtime have additional columns, or columns may have different data type, so I can't use a static MyObject class to represent the table at compile time. I also don't know at compile time which columns need to be displayed in the grid. I would like to bind to a web service for performance reasons.

I've tried having the web service method return a DataView, and cast it a lot of different ways, but it's not working. How would I write the GetData / GetDataAndCount method of the web service to return the data from a DataView or other non-linq data source?

Thanks.

Alfred
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
11 answers
235 views
The ASP.NET MVC validation framework are weak.  Are you plan to providing a Validation framework for ASP.NET MVC?
Serge
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
2 answers
115 views
Dear Sirs!
1. I have RadCalendar. It has the Footer template having the regular asp Label.
2. I need to find this control - label from client-side api, for example, inside client event OnDateSelected
3. The problem is that findControl method (as in RadGrid) here not works.

Thank you very much in advance.

Boris
Boris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
2 answers
104 views
I am using a radgrid where in the ClientSettings, I have AllowScroll="true" and UseStaticHeaders="true".  This grid is in a user control sitting on a webform that is loaded into a MasterPage content area.  What's happening is that the grid is sizing correctly on the page but the masterpage width and height are getting expanded based on the number of columns and rows we add to the grid.  In other words, it's as if the page is trying to account for the space occupied by the grid even though we set the scroll to true.  A thing to note about this is that I want the grid to horizontally scroll, so we deliberately are settings the pixels on each of the columns in the grid to exceed the width of the grid to invoke the horizontal scroll.  And after doing a little more testing, as soon as UseStaticHeaders is set to true, the effect described above occurs.  Have the headers locked in for vertical scrolling is essential, so we would like to keep the UseStaticHeaders set to true.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Mark Perry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
2 answers
143 views
Hello,

I have a scheduler which is loaded into a RadPageView on page_load. When I try to add or edit an appointment, my modal form appears as it should, but it is not accessible. The page acts as if the form does not exist, allowing me to access controls behind the overlay (see attached screenshot). I have tried setting different z-index for different elements, but am still getting the same result (screenshot is with no z-index applied anywhere).

Note: This only happens in IE7. I have tested in Firefox and Chrome and it worked in both cases.
Using Q2 2010.

Thank you.
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
4 answers
524 views
Hi there,

is there a way to make the DatePicker show its calendar always?

I tried to show the calendar on document load by using "DatePicker.showPopup()" and keep it visible by using:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function OnPopupClosing(sender, args)
    {
        eventArgs.set_cancel(true);
    }
</script>

But theOnPopupClosing-Event is only fired if the Popup closes after a date was selected.
If the users just clicks outside the control, the Popup closes without firing the event.

So is there a simple way to get a DatePicker show its calendar permanently or some workaround?

I also tried using a DatePicker and a additional Calendar and sync the input between the controls, but this is quit uncomfortable an error-prone

Any help is appreciated

btw
There was a post about this topic a few months ago, but there was no helpful answer to this:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/calendar/raddatepicker-can-raddatepicker-show-the-calendar-always.aspx

Lukas
Lukas
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
3 answers
147 views
Hi,
I know i can add markedzones to a chart. but just wondering if it is possible to add a markedzone to a series.

this works fine =>   chart.PlotArea.MarkedZones.Add(mz1);

but this will give an error =>   series[i].PlotArea.MarkedZones.Add(mz1);

Thanks
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
1 answer
96 views
Hi Everyone,

I have a scenario where the IDs are unique but can have multiple Parents.

for e.g.  A person can be part-time in one Branch and part-time in another Branch

Person ID   Person            BranchID   Branch
1                Peter Williams  1               City
1                Peter Williams  5               Woodhill
2                Steven Hen      5               Woodhill

Branches
      ---- City
                 ------ Peter Williams ID 1
      ---- Woodhill
                 ------ Peter Williams ID 1
                 ------ Steven Hen ID 2

I am getting the error "These columns don't currently have unique values"  which I understand but just wondering what my options are to cater for my scenario?

The Treeview is for selection only so if someone knows a person is working under a particular Branch they can expand that Branch and select the person.  No need to add/update/delete nodes.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Thanks

B
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
2 answers
451 views
I am attaching a handler for the onblur event of my radeditor, but it never fires.  If I substitute onclick instead it does work.

Is there a trick to get the onblur to firing with a radeditor?
msigman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
10 answers
1.2K+ views
I was wondering how I might be able to fix the datepicker so it pops up on top of a RadGrid pop-up edit window, it seems to go behind the window.  :(



Update: Nevermind, found my answer with changing the z-index of the calendar control.  :)
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?