Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
288 views
I have a page that contains the RadScheduler component.  The appointments (subject) display fine in DayView and MonthView modes.  However, in Weekview mode the only appointments that appear to display correctly are ones where there is only one appointment for the timeslot.  If there are more than one, they use a fraction of the space in the current cell.

For example:

  • If I have one appointment for 9:00am, it displays fine
  • If I have two appointments for 9:00am, the first appointment uses only half the width of the cell (instead of the full width), and the second appointment displays the same way directly underneath the first
  • If I have three appointments for 9:00am, the first appointment uses only one third of the width of the cell (instead of the full width), and the second and third appointments display the same way directly underneath the first.

My goal is for each appointment subject to use the entire width of a cell.  If there is more than one appointment for a specific timeslot, they should display vertically in the cell -- not horizontally.

I sample screen shot of the problem is attached.  How do I obtain this result? 

Regards,
Dan M
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
2 answers
140 views
I see in telerik site that Header and footer templates are present in RadListBox. But I am not able to see them when I Drag and drop a RadListBox on to .aspx page.

Please find the screen shot attached for details.

Is there any update in version of telerik for that?

Regards,
Sweety.
preethi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
1 answer
206 views
I use load on demand to load items into the combo box, however, the user can select one of those items OR enter custom text.   See the attached screen shot.   When I tab off the control, it auto selects the first matching value, even with MarkFirstMatch = false.

So if I have "ABCD" as an item in the drop down, I can add "ABB" or anything that differs, but I can not add "ABC" for example because it will just fill in the text.   It actually has "" has it's selected value when this happens, but the text is changed.   The change happens client side before reaching any code in the code behind.

OnClientItemsRequesting
simply cancels the request if less than 3 chars are typed, example from the knowledge base.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbOrganizationName" Runat="server"                   
           OnSelectedIndexChanged="RcbOrganizationNameSelectedIndexChanged"
    OnItemsRequested="RcbOrganizationNameItemsRequested"
    OnClientItemsRequesting="OnClientItemsRequesting"
    EnableLoadOnDemand="true"
    AllowCustomText="True"
    AutoPostBack="True"
    EmptyMessage="Choose"
    MarkFirstMatch="false"
    EnableItemCaching="true"
    CausesValidation="false"
    TabIndex="2"                     
    ShowMoreResultsBox="false" 
    MaxLength="50"
    MaxHeight="300px"
    Width="250px">
</telerik:RadComboBox >
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
3 answers
186 views
Hello Telerik,

I have created a a bar chart having 2 Y axis
I need to assign a different toolTip to each series

when using :

e.SeriesItem.ActiveRegion.Tooltip = toolTip.ToString();

it assign the toolTip to the two series

I found solution to assign tooltip to the first series

chart.Series[0].Items[e.SeriesItem.Index].ActiveRegion.Tooltip = toolTip.ToString();


but when using the same for the second series as follow:

chart.Series[1][e.SeriesItem.Index].ActiveRegion.Tooltip =

"Hi Series 2";

 

 

 

I get exception:
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Source Error:

Line 459: RadChart chart = (RadChart) sender;
Line 460: chart.Series[0].Items[e.SeriesItem.Index].ActiveRegion.Tooltip = toolTip.ToString();
Line 461: chart.Series[1][e.SeriesItem.Index].ActiveRegion.Tooltip = "Hi Series 2";

The following is the complete code:

void 

 

ChartFinancialImpact_ItemDataBound(object sender, ChartItemDataBoundEventArgs e)

 

 

{

 

DataRowView physicianDeviation = (DataRowView)e.DataItem;

 

 

 

StringBuilder toolTip = new StringBuilder();

 

 

 

toolTip.Append("Load:" + physicianDeviation["PhysicianLoad"].ToString() );

 

 

 

//e.SeriesItem.ActiveRegion.Tooltip = toolTip.ToString();

 

 

 

RadChart chart = (RadChart) sender;

 

 

  chart.Series[0].Items[e.SeriesItem.Index].ActiveRegion.Tooltip = toolTip.ToString();

 

  //chart.Series[1][e.SeriesItem.Index].ActiveRegion.Tooltip = "Hi Series 1";  ==> ERROR

 

 

}

 

 


Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
1 answer
89 views
Hi,

please find the below attachment , suggest me(multiple browser support is required in this scenario). 
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
1 answer
409 views

How can i bind GridDropDownColumn with dataset from behind code


telerik:RadGrid ID="radgdBOQ" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None"
        OnNeedDataSource="radgdBOQ_NeedDataSource" OnInsertCommand="radgdBOQ_InsertCommand"
        ShowStatusBar="True" OnDeleteCommand="radgdBOQ_DeleteCommand" OnUpdateCommand="radgdBOQ_UpdateCommand"
        Skin="WebBlue">
        <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="bqmiBoqID" CommandItemDisplay="TopAndBottom">
            <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to Pdf"></CommandItemSettings>
            <Columns>
                <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderButtonType="None" HeaderText="Edit">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="35px" />
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
                <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"
                    ConfirmText="Are You Sure To Delete ?" ConfirmTitle="Delete" HeaderButtonType="None"
                    HeaderText="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteCommandColumn">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="bqmiItemCode" DataType="System.Int32" HeaderText="Item Code"
                    UniqueName="bqmiItemCode">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="75px" />
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                </telerik:GridNumericColumn>
                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="bqmiItemDescription" HeaderText="Description"
                    UniqueName="bqmiItemDescription">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="150px" />
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="bqmiUnit" HeaderText="Unit" UniqueName="bqmiUnit">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="50px" />
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="bqmiPrice" DataType="System.Decimal" HeaderText="Price"
                    NumericType="Currency" UniqueName="bqmiPrice" DefaultInsertValue="0">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="100px" />
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" />
                </telerik:GridNumericColumn>
                <telerik:GridNumericColumn DataField="bqmiQty" DataType="System.Decimal" HeaderText="Quantity"
                    UniqueName="bqmiQty" DefaultInsertValue="0">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="100px" />
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" />
                </telerik:GridNumericColumn>
                <telerik:GridCalculatedColumn DataFields="bqmiPrice,bqmiQty" DataType="System.Decimal"
                    Expression="{0}*{1}" HeaderText="Amount" UniqueName="bqmiAmount">
                </telerik:GridCalculatedColumn>
                <telerik:GridDropDownColumn HeaderText="Drop" UniqueName="drop" DataField="drop"
                    DefaultInsertValue="0">
                </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
            </Columns>
            <EditFormSettings>
                <EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1">
                </EditColumn>
            </EditFormSettings>
        </MasterTableView>
        <ClientSettings>
            <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />
        </ClientSettings>
    </telerik:RadGrid>


 

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
1 answer
92 views
Hey guys,

Is it possible to modify a RadTreeView's drag and drop behavior to use a handle?

Just like the RadGrid's GridDragDropColumn:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/draganddrop/defaultcs.aspx

Thanks!
- J
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
3 answers
132 views
Hi

We have recently updated telerik from 2008...... dll to newer version which is using 2010...... dll.
Many of control used to 'Default2006' skin previously which is changed to 'Default'. But still management not happy with new 'Default' Skin so is there any how i can get the 'Default2006' skin for whole controls?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
8 answers
576 views
I want to be able to list organizations whether or not they have websites. If they have a website, I want the GridHyperLinkColumn text property = WEB and it would be the hyperlink to link to the organization's website. If they don't have a website, then I want the text property = "" or nothing.

Well, if you don't do anything, you get WEB in the website column whether or not they have a website - now the WEB for live hyperlinks are underlined and work whereas the others are just text with no underline - so it looks bad.

So I thought I would try to use some sort of conditional statement on the Itembound subroutine. I use a class named "Company" and "CheckForWeb" is an instantiation of that class. "GetCompany" is a function in the Company class that will get the company record from the database with the "CompanyID" (id) in the RadGrid row. Here is what I did:

Protected Sub RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridItemEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemDataBound
        If TypeOf e.Item Is GridDataItem Then
            Dim item As GridDataItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridDataItem)
            Dim id As String = item.GetDataKeyValue("CompanyID").ToString
  
            Dim CheckForWeb As Company
            CheckForWeb = Company.GetCompany(CInt(id))
        ' see if the object is populated
            If CheckForWeb.CompanyID.HasValue Then
        ' check to see if there is a valid URL from the datafield WebsiteURL
                If CheckForWeb.WebsiteURL.Length > 10 Then
                    item("CompanyWebsite").Text = "WEB"
                Else
                    item("CompanyWebsite").Text = ""
                End If
            End If
        End If
    End Sub

Now, that resulted in companies that have websites having WEB in the website column and nothing if they didn't have a website BUT the link was not live - it was just text.

So after scouring the forum, I decided to add a couple of lines to the code to add a hyperlink as shown below.

Protected Sub RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridItemEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemDataBound
        If TypeOf e.Item Is GridDataItem Then
            Dim item As GridDataItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridDataItem)
            Dim id As String = item.GetDataKeyValue("CompanyID").ToString
 
            Dim CheckForWeb As Company
            CheckForWeb = Company.GetCompany(CInt(id))
        ' see if the object is populated
            If CheckForWeb.CompanyID.HasValue Then
        ' check to see if there is a valid URL from the datafield WebsiteURL
                If CheckForWeb.WebsiteURL.Length > 10 Then
                    item("CompanyWebsite").Text = "WEB"
                     Dim link As HyperLink = DirectCast(item("CompanyWebsite").Controls(0), HyperLink)
                    link.NavigateUrl = CheckForWeb.WebsiteURL
                Else
                    item("CompanyWebsite").Text = ""
                End If
            End If
        End If
    End Sub

That was really no good as I got the following alert error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index - so I'm back to square one. Any help would be appreciated.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
2 answers
100 views

I am new to telerik. I want rad grid to work as shown in screen shot. Please provide me solution…

 

Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?